Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Older (aka good starter) fly rods and reels

7 posts in this topic

I have some older but good entry level fly rods for sale (I upgraded on a few line classes due to some great sales recently):

1 is a 9' 5wt St Croix Pro Graphite series fly rod....$40

2 is a 9' 8wt Orvis Silver Label TL Tip Flex 10...$70

3 is a 9' 8 wt Fenwick Eagle GLC fly rod...$40

Disclosure on the Orvis - the tip came off one time and I cemented back in place...no damage to the rod blank, just the guide itself

I also have an older Sci Angler I 456 w/ spare spool for $35 (basic wear but works fine) and a Pfleuger Medalist 1598RC for $15 (paint coming off finish but fully functional...internally looks new)

Don't have paypal, I'd prefer MO or Check

Excellent! There'll be some happy high school kids after spring break. This gives me enough gear to have someone start doing some casting lessons with them after school.

That's a great cause....btw, the Orvis and Fenwick rods came with cases (and I'm sending them),,,the St Croix originally didn't, but I had a spare metal tube for a two piece fly rod that I'm going to throw in as well. Also, the fly reels (including spare spool) has backing on them...it's old, but these reels never had fish take these particular reels into the backing...and to that point, it appears to be in good shape...do you want me to leave it on or strip it off?

For packing, I'm going to bundle the three tubes together, put the reels in a box and attach that to the end of the bundle of tubes...should look real pretty...LOL

That's a great cause....btw, the Orvis and Fenwick rods came with cases (and I'm sending them),,,the St Croix originally didn't, but I had a spare metal tube for a two piece fly rod that I'm going to throw in as well. Also, the fly reels (including spare spool) has backing on them...it's old, but these reels never had fish take these particular reels into the backing...and to that point, it appears to be in good shape...do you want me to leave it on or strip it off?

For packing, I'm going to bundle the three tubes together, put the reels in a box and attach that to the end of the bundle of tubes...should look real pretty...LOL

You can leave the backing. These will start for us as practice rods on a grassy field. Older backing won't be a issue there.

I appreciate the tubes. :).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0