Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
golden

Who fishes opening day at Wachusett?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Should be next Saturday - always something to look forward too. We usually end up with a handful of decent lakers, maybe an over-sized specimen too. Might try a spot I haven't fished ina long time, the ledges off rt 70. You guys fish it?

The cliffs brings back good memories. Parking at the old cumbies and taking that walk all the way in. I use to come across groups of turkies, deer, something. The cliffs is where I got confidence in the red and white daredevil spoon.

I went last year and got one about 6 pounds. So far my biggest. They seldom get much bigger then stock trout there most of the time. Cull whatever you catch or through them in the woods for the raccoons. I guess it's been a little better since the smelt from Quabin have been swimming into wachusett through the aqueduct, but there are still to many small lakers.

I've never fished the res. There is so much open shoreline it doesn't seem like you could go wrong spending a whole day here . I want to get into some small mouth here this year.

DCR'S WACHUSETT & SUDBURY RESERVOIRS FISHING SEASON OPENING DELAYED UNTIL APRIL 13TH

Due to ice conditions that persist on the Wachusett and Sudbury Reservoirs, the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) will delay the opening of the 2013 fishing season until Saturday, April 13, 2013. Fishing is allowed from shore over more than two-thirds of Wachusett Reservoir with access through Gates 6-35 and the Thomas Basin area. Access is allowed from dawn to dusk and the season extends until November 30th.

The fishing season for DCR's West Waushacum Pond and the Quag in Sterling is also delayed until April 13th.

If the reservoirs are still not ice-free by April 9th a further delay may need to occur. Please check the DCR Wachusett Fishing website for further information or call the Wachusett Reservoir Ranger office at (978) 365-3800.

DCR'S WACHUSETT & SUDBURY RESERVOIRS FISHING SEASON OPENING DELAYED UNTIL APRIL 13TH

Due to ice conditions that persist on the Wachusett and Sudbury Reservoirs, the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) will delay the opening of the 2013 fishing season until Saturday, April 13, 2013. Fishing is allowed from shore over more than two-thirds of Wachusett Reservoir with access through Gates 6-35 and the Thomas Basin area. Access is allowed from dawn to dusk and the season extends until November 30th.

The fishing season for DCR's West Waushacum Pond and the Quag in Sterling is also delayed until April 13th.

If the reservoirs are still not ice-free by April 9th a further delay may need to occur. Please check the DCR Wachusett Fishing website for further information or call the Wachusett Reservoir Ranger office at (978) 365-3800.

[rule]

Beat me to it. The ponds in my town about 15 miles E of the Chu didn't ice out until a day or two ago, so I'm not surprised the opening is delayed.

-bd

Well, looks like I won't be fishing opening day because I'll be pulling into Captiva, FL for a week on the 13th. I guess I'll have to settle for a shot at a tarpon, maybe some snook ;)

Well, looks like I won't be fishing opening day because I'll be pulling into Captiva, FL for a week on the 13th. I guess I'll have to settle for a shot at a tarpon, maybe some snook ;)

Dont expect anybody up here to feel bad for you when you are down in FL.

Uh yeah..... I didn't, as evident by my ;)

I do love the 'chu though..... almost as much as cold cervezas, bikinis, and tarpon :D