Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dannyplug1

creek chub 77 darter

3 posts in this topic

Was looking through fleabay and saw a creek chub saltwater 77 darter. any one out there know its weight and length? I know I could ask the seller but would trust you guys more. thanks charlie

If you are referring to the Flea Bay listing that has 2 darters in it, here is the story. It is a 7700 Salt darter. The one one the bottom is Blue Flash and the one on top is Purple Eel and should be about 5 3/4 inches long and weigh 1 1/2 oz. They were both manufactured in 1955 making them about 58 years old.

It will be fun to see what they go for because values have dropped drastically in recent years. I value them at $45 to $65 for the Blue Flash and $75 to $95 for the Purple eel. In good times, I have seen the Blue go for upwards of $75 and the Purple Eel from $100 to $150. I'ii go out on a limb here and say that the pair goes off at less than $85. I won't be bidding so good luck to you if you do.

Looking at the pics it looks like the blue flash might be a spin darter? Theres something stamped in the top but it's smudged, were some of the 7700's stamped "surf darter" or did they all just say darter?