Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wsaggio2013

Spring Long Beach Island

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm here in Lbi in march and am quite new to fishing this time of the year

I'm looking for some help and advice

Like where to fish

What to use

How to fish what I'm using

Time of day

Tides

And Ect

Appreciate any help I can get

Thanks guys

w2013 - Seek out a Fishing Club. NJ is rife with them. Bradly Beach isn't far and is peopled by kind and knowing anglers.

Check the "I'm a new guy thread" in the first two of three pages of this forum. You will receive lots of advice and some curmudgieoney babble,but for the most part we want to help you. We cannot reveal the places to go that will provide you with fish on line. That would cause crowds and gavone's of the worst stripe crowding the good SPOTS".

If i recall, one of the the new guys asked for a list of fishing clubs in NJ. it was provided. Perhaps the guy who cut and pasted that list will do so again. IF not you can do the due dilligence necessary to find that list. It maybe a simple as googling Fishing Clubs of NY.

I'm an old, old angler, yet a returning fisherman to my roots of 22 years agol. Even I, with the knowledge of many decades, am thinking of joining a Salt Water Fishing Club. The HI Mar Striped Bass Club that meets on first Tuesday in the month at a VFW Post in Highlands @ 7:30 PM. There is the Jersey Coast Anglers Association at 1201 Route 37 East, Suite 9, Toms River, NJ 08753 . You can also find them online. Their next meeting is on April 30, 2013. you may want to attend their "Sportperson of the Year Dinner on April 14, 2013 and become a member before the end of April. All the good anglers attend the SP of the year. You could make a very nice impression if you show up then. The Membership Chairman is John Toth he lives in the 732 area code. You might want to try 656-0139 and inquire about membership. They are a very well organized and active club. They have over 2,000 members and the membership fee is $50.00 per annum. That seems to be the average Annual membership fee on the Jersey Shore.

I do not have the Berkley Club info, but The also come highly Recommended. Our Newest moderator on the NJ forum just joined. When you have enough posts to PM him, I'm sure he will be able to tell you that club's induction process.

Happy Easter. JCAA, I'm glad you left your"Free Newsletter" at the Hi-Mar Striper Club Seminar last night. A good night and a good time.

I write the NJ Waterfowlers Newsletter. Yours is very well put together.

I tip my hat to you.

RJ

I believe the op is a very young person to join a club, ask your parents first. Feel free to ask any questions in this forum, lots of good ppl in here.

Welcome aboard and good luck this spring, hope you catch a 50 lber. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsaggio2013 View Post

Hey guys I'm here in Lbi in march and am quite new to fishing this time of the year

I'm looking for some help and advice

Like where to fish

What to use

How to fish what I'm using

Time of day

Tides

And Ect

Appreciate any help I can get

Thanks guys

It's the 31st, how long you staying?

-Bay

-Try clam and blood worms

-late outgoing tide will be warmer water

Don't get too discouraged--the fish haven't been all that cooperative.

Hit up Fisherman's Headquaters for some tackle and local info or it's well worth the time and money looking I to a guide with Dante of Jerseys Finest if he's still doing them I did it two years ago it's the best thing I ever did in fishing. I like to fish the nights this time of year in the bay. I do best on the outgoing tides, look in the light lines for bait and listen for pops. I like guides choice mucho minnows small bombers, split tail tsunami soft plastics and small shads. Good luck there out there now