Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mullet Miller

Flats Fishing

7 posts in this topic

MM, Saw yours and Porters truck at the launch when we returned from the flats this afternoon. Water quality really decreased by 4pm out there and we packed it in. Hope you had a good day. TimS, Dubs, and myself all got some real quality fish out there earlier in the day hope you guys weren't too late launching!

Jim, We both missed the only hits we got all day. Stayed out till around 7:00. Glad to here you did well in the morning. Heard you guys were out there, had a friend out there in his boat who saw you guys.

Joe, sounds like were on for tomorrow. Chris has been waiting to here from you.We were contemplating heading to Brigantine if he did not hear from you. We were also going to check on additional dam releases, they sure did muck up the water. On a good note, the shad were in so thick along shore you could have walked on them. Had a young boy pull a nice fish in on a piece of cut shad, while we were putting in.

Hey Bob,

It was nice meeting you and seeing Chris again. Hopefully, we can wet a line some other day. JT and I left after getting back, we did see some shad here and there but no bites. How did you guys end up doing?

The paddle back was a bit long, the current was still pulling out hard on our way in.

Joe

It was a pleasure meeting you both. Sorry you could not hang around for the incredible SQUAT blitz that happened. Seems like the wind picked up to between 15-20 knots at one point(while we were paddling into it!) The closer we got to Perryville Park the muddier the water got, not to mention the debris line that was forming. Found out today when I got to work they had opened the dam to beyond flood stage, really made the fishing enjoyable. We'll have to hook up again, maybe later in the spring when the trout start hitting the beach in Delaware. We keep you posted on that. Until then keep them Loomis' clean.

Tight Lines

Bob

Text

Yeah, that pretty much sucked. I think that the fishing shut down. Oh well, such is life! Let me know about DE and the trout, sounds interesting!

Until next time, see ya!

Joe