Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shark lobster

THE KASTMASTER

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Whats your thought on this classic metal ,, i love em for casting on blues , bass , and little gold ones killer on trout ,, they dress well all different ways ,, little tail dressing mabe some pork rhine , or somtimes thow a seaworm on a single hook , and toss it .

I like them but I have always preferred Hopkins and crocs. Crocs seem better for jigging off the bottom and Hopkins seem better for a straight retrieve. Also I do very well with generic sting silvers and glass minnows when it comes to blues and Spanish at half the cost of kastmasters. All that being said, kastmasters are great metals.

They have gotten kinda pricey over the last few years. I can buy real tin Charlies for less, so I do.

About the only lure I don't seem to lose. I haven't bought one in so long, I'd forgotten that they didn't come with a ring in their nose. :D

The reason for the high cost is due to the recovery process after they are plated with chrome. They are made in Providence Rhode Island. and have been one of the stables for those fishing for a long time