Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Foggycoast

Guess What Moocks: My First Stripers of 2013

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

1000I guess, if you want something bad enough, you’ll get it. In my case like today proofed.

I had tried several outing for striper and had no luck. So I decided to give it a try again, given the tide is ideal and the weather was perfect. Headed out to the fishing spot, where rumours have it, some stripers were being caught. On that note, I didn’t waste any time. Packed up my gear and dashed out the house. Got to the beach, didn’t like what I saw. The coloration of the water was brown and the side wash was rough, it has a strong pull to the right. But that didn’t bother me, I was determining to fish regardless of the condition of the water. The first few cast ended up with some barred perch, but mostly palm sizes fish. After several hours, my first striper was so tiny I thought it was a good size perch, but it wasn’t so.

A few perch in between the second striper. When the tide started to change and I rebait the hook and as soon as I had the rod on the sand spike, the entire rod bend like crazy. I rush over and pick up the rod and I knew it wasn’t a perch; it took off like a bullet. Make several runs until it got tired and landed him with a smile =)

All fish were released back to fight for another day. <<><< :D :D :D :D