Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cliffblair

SOT misleading!

24 posts in this topic

The term sit on top kept me from looking at one for 6 months while I went from a pungo to a pamlico then finally a Navigator thanks to the high recomendations of you guys. I envisioned an sot as a fancy surfboard that kept you wet from the smallest waves or wake.

When I sat in the Navigator for the first time my reaction was..."wait a minute, I am sitting IN! There are sides...I am actually sitting inside and on top, the best of both worlds! I am actually sitting about 9 inches deep in the yak, thats not going to keep me wet all the time and anything that does come in is going right out the scupper holes, and all that storage room inside the hull, and the huge boyancy of a double hull and the great design. Thats not counting the great tracking, speed and stability. Do you think I like my Navigator?

Lets call it a sit in sit on top from now on! SISOT!

Cliff Blair, Brockton Mass

As long as I pay the bills my wife does not get jelous of anything, she is 52 and over the hill. Her favorite words are "don't touch me" or "dont come near me, I am having a hot flash"! She is glad I love my navigator, takes my mind off her...come to think of it her shape is kinda like the Navigator, pointed at both ends and wide in the middle!!!!

she is 52 and over the hill. Her favorite words are "don't touch me" or "dont come near me, I am having a hot flash"! She is glad I love my navigator, takes my mind off her...come to think of it her shape is kinda like the Navigator, pointed at both ends and wide in the middle!!!!

LOL pretty funny Cliff thanks smile.gif

By the way Kudos to you, I hope I can still ride in my kayak & have the fun the way you are smile.gif How do you manage to stay so young?

[This message has been edited by Marksharky (edited 08-22-2002).]

Its not easy. Age 70 seemed to be the beginning of the down hill slide. I still work about 30 hours a week which gives me a reason to get up weather i want to or not. I have a sweet little siamese cat "tessie" that has sweet talked me every morning for 15 minutes...5 years and she has not missed a morning!

That old saying lose it or lose it is important, I exercise with the tread mill, bike and free weights regularly, easy on tired days, hard on good days. I melted belly jelly to get down from 265 to 215, my fighting weight for the last leg. A little stiffness here and there and a deminished energy level are the only problems at present, but you can't fool mother nature.

I pretty much gave up on boating, first an I/o that was always breaking down then the endless waits at the launching ramp. I told my wife lat year that I would never own another boat, the I started reading the posts on this site and understood the peace and quiet of out of the way places. Each of your posts encouraged me till I went out and bought a Pungo. A sit in seemed the way to go, but it seemed too small in those icy march waters so I went for another sit in, the pamlico Excel, just too big. Thinking of all you guys have said about sit ons I bought a Navigator...perfect! Its not really sit on, its sit in sit on top! Now I am rigging it with the goodies. I wont have to do my sit down rowing exercise on my multi gym anymore, I can do the real thing, a lot more fun!

I have only played with it so far, but fishing is soon. The road gets longer as you get older so you simply stick closer to home.

I share the pleasure of each persons post, new adventures bring back pleasant memories. Cliff

Cliff, among the nearly 500,000 posts since I started this place, that is one of the most inspiring that I've read cwm12.gificon14.gif Good fer you buddy, good fer you! Keep paddlin'smile.gif

TimS