Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bariatric Barry

LAUNCHING IN STATEN ISLAND

200 posts in this topic

If anyone or group is launching in Staten Island, would you please be kind enough to advise me as to where & when.  I will be picking up my yak in late April to mid-May at Jersey Paddler.   As a newbee, I would like to see yakers launch and from where they do so.  I would really appreciate this info.  Thanks.

What's up Barry. This is Rob. I'm a friend of wheels' and we met at the kayak show. Don't know if u have talked to John, but a bunch of guys are going out tomorrow around 10 at the bottom of Armstrong ave. Not sure if ill be there but maybe give John a call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocha122 View Post

What's up Barry. This is Rob. I'm a friend of wheels' and we met at the kayak show. Don't know if u have talked to John, but a bunch of guys are going out tomorrow around 10 at the bottom of Armstrong ave. Not sure if ill be there but maybe give John a call.

Hey Rob....

Thanks for the info re: tomorrow.  I know there's no parking on Armstrong Ave. itself, so what street do you suggest I park on? 

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabbyt View Post

i'm in any morning after this wednesday if u guys don't mind if its not a problem let me no i'll pm u my # thanks

No problem Crabbyt  me and Johnny went out today with no results, there were seals around and I think that might have been cause of our bad luck. We should be going out sometime next week. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubone47 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabbyt View Post

i'm in any morning after this wednesday if u guys don't mind if its not a problem let me no i'll pm u my # thanks

No problem Crabbyt  me and Johnny went out today with no results, there were seals around and I think that might have been cause of our bad luck. We should be going out sometime next week. 

Hi Crabbyt,

I'll be getting my yak in mid-May and look forward to going out w/Johnny & Jim to learn the ropes.  As I'm retired, I hope to be going out lots this year.  If you're looking for company, let me know.  Happy Yakking!