Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

Hey Cowboy fans... Tell me about Dan Connor, MLB

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I'm not a fan of the move, and I don't see him doing much for Big Blue.  He's never set himself apart enough to be a starter.  Since being drafted he's only started 27 games, and always is nicked up.  But, he's had 4 d-coordinators in 5 years(Alex Smith argument lol), and he's happy to get back to his roots in a 4-3 system.  He's physically better than Blackburn, but Blackburn earned his keep because he was smart.  

this is the kind of move that's a good move imo. he's at the age where he's peaking as an athlete and teams sign guys like this to fill roles on their teams and add depth with a good solid guy.

does this mean they won't go ILB in the draft now ?

I think they'll draft a LB in the first 4 rounds.  A lot of solid guys out there.  If the right guy falls, I wouldn't be suprised if they draft an ILB in the 1st round(Ogletree would be a sweet pickup if he quits the off the field bs).  

I think the Connor signing is good in terms of depth, another relatively young/talented guy that'll get a shot.  I don't see him suddenly getting it and becoming a starter.  Hopefully he'll work his tail off and contribute. 

if Ogletrre dropped i would see them grabbing him. but not Minter or Te'o.

thinking OL or TE with them.

it's always about the cap and when teams add depth with a guy like Conner.  it's usually a solid move. he's at his peak and will fill in solidly as far team work , understanding and the like. inexperience can kill at times.

You can teach some smarts but to develope the "feel" for a LB you need playing time, good and bad. Giants need LBs to take the leashes off the dogs up front.