Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pxatim

Kayak Permit for MD needed?

7 posts in this topic

Im from PA and plan on coming down to fish the Susquehanna flats. Do I need any sort of permit othen than a non resident fishing license? I do have a PA launch permit but wasn't aware of any reprocity.

Thanks in advance.

No type of kayak permit is required. Do some research into that area for free launches. Ack has an app for launch points that people upload that can be very helpful. The only thing required is the fishing license, but it won't take long for the money grubbing politicians here to realize

kayaking is popular and institute some sort of tax, I mean "fee".

Good luck.

Cool...thanks. I called Perryville and plan to launch at the park. It's free but only open from dusk to dawn. Which is fine for me.

Perryville Park is open from 7am until official sunset. Make sure you know the official time or you will get locked in.

If it can be taxed O'Malley will find a way. I just bought my MD non resident fishing license Salt and Fresh water $53.00 What a crime I hope Delaware charges MD fisherman the same As it's only fair Now I know why I moved from MD. If I have my Kayak on a little trailer do I have to pay for a permit to launch it? I looked all over the fishing guide I got with my license and no where does it say whether one need some sort of permit? Thanks Lou

If it can be taxed O'Malley will find a way. I just bought my MD non resident fishing license Salt and Fresh water $53.00 What a crime I hope Delaware charges MD fisherman the same As it's only fair Now I know why I moved from MD. If I have my Kayak on a little trailer do I have to pay for a permit to launch it? I looked all over the fishing guide I got with my license and no where does it say whether one need some sort of permit? Thanks Lou

Lou, the ramps are usually under local jurisdiction. Each on has different regulations. Usually, if you have a driller, you need to pay a daily use fee or have a permit from the municipality the ramp is located in.

Cartopped boats are mostly exempt, but like I said, depends on the ramp.