Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
numbnuts

North Carolina State Senator introduces bill to mandate 2 year waiting peroid for divorce.

Rate this topic

225 posts in this topic

Guess which political party? Hint: it is the one that is for small govt.

How much will that extra year cost the taxpayers? Are we creating a new bureaucracy with this bill?

There will be no more divorce after homo marriage is the law of the land. And no more unwanted children, and hopefully no more disgusting homo pride parades.

The Catholic Church is historically the source of such legislation, but the Church's influence has faded a lot in the past twenty years. In this case, though, it's probably just the sponsor's own notion. And it's hardly the law of the land, either, it's just an introduced bill.

The Catholic Church is historically the source of such legislation, but the Church's influence has faded a lot in the past twenty years. In this case, though, it's probably just the sponsor's own notion. And it's hardly the law of the land, either, it's just an introduced bill.

The influence of the Catholic Church has a 4 year waiting period for a divorce in Ireland. Until the mid 90's, divorce wasn't even possible.

The answer is republican. How did catholicism even get into the discussion. If anything, in North Carolina, the evangalical protestants were somehow involved in the writing and promotion of this bill. Catholics are not this stupid.

Did anyone mention Catholicism? No. Leave it to a liberal to bring up the anti-Catholic bigotry. Liberals will have no God before them but the federal government.

BTW, it is not a bad idea (given no abuse). Cooling off periods are used in many court actions.

The answer is republican. How did catholicism even get into the discussion. If anything, in North Carolina, the evangalical protestants were somehow involved in the writing and promotion of this bill. Catholics are not this stupid.

you said it was the party of small gummit. trick question you lying lyer

State intervention in another personal matter? Can't see it.

Nussmuk,

The state has to grant the divorce anyway. They are already involved along with telling how much the people have to pay for support, alimony, etc. Enforcing payment, taxing, etc. Seems to me that, since they are already involved, just saying "wait two years to see if you can work it out" is NBD. Might even save some money in not having to pay welfare, etc. JMHO.

I see where you're coming from knight, but I'm at the point where I believe any additional government influence over our lives needs to be resisted, and the trend reversed. The Bloombergs of the nation need to be slapped down hard. I think this waiting period crosses over into social engineering, rather than enforcing a fair resolution to a marriage contract, and I don't consent to being engineered by others.

Really, I have to say that every days that goes by, I grow more infuriated at the idea that we have any right to control people outside of preventing them from imposing on others.

I see where you're coming from knight, but I'm at the point where I believe any additional government influence over our lives needs to be resisted, and the trend reversed. The Bloombergs of the nation need to be slapped down hard. I think this waiting period crosses over into social engineering, rather than enforcing a fair resolution to a marriage contract, and I don't consent to being engineered by others.

Really, I have to say that every days that goes by, I grow more infuriated at the idea that we have any right to control people outside of preventing them from imposing on others.

State Sanctioned marriage is government in your life and when you sign up, you sign up for the state's terms. You don't have to sign up for this. No one does.

This divorce proposal doesn't cross over into social engineering because it can't. Marriage laws are right smack in the middle of social engineering real estate already and were from the very beginning. Divorce laws spring from marriage laws. It's social engineering and the only way out is to not be married, which seems to be a legitimate alternative since it's one employed by million of welfare moms.