Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Holiday foods that your Mom or Grandmother would make...

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

My wife and kids look at me like I'm crazy. Chopping up that wax covered orb takes a special knife --- my grandmothers ..... its the only time that I use it. Usually, after cleaning up from diner I will eat a big bowl of them. Odd rituals. I miss my mom.

I'll mash them with potatoes...around 3/1, makes them taste nice and sweet. Wife gives me a hard time if she catches me...otherwise she usually compliments me.

It didn't matter what the holiday ---- mashed yellow turnips with butter. No one else eats them but me know ---- still must make them.

My mother cooked turnips for my father and my siblings.

I hated their taste; I would not eat them.

My father made horse raddish that was unreal, cleaned your sinuses right out. The only time I saw my dad cry was when he was grating the horse raddish roots outside. Man was that potent. :drool:

My father made horse raddish that was unreal, cleaned your sinuses right out. The only time I saw my dad cry was when he was grating the horse raddish roots outside. Man was that potent. :drool:

What would ya' put it on :squid:

I like Horseradish with my Ham... unless I'm making the Ham with a nice milk gravy... that would be gross