Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Hot Cross Buns...

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I'll be your friend...can't help with the sick part.

Saw the buns at the bakery yesterday...almost got some.

They also had very good bread baked into the shape of a rabbit...that was pretty cool.

They are meant to be shared with someone who will become a friend for life.

Also, you keep one until next year... it never gets moldy and if you are sick, eat it for the cure.

Never liked em... friendless and sick!

I've eaten them but they are not a favorite snack.

They suck. Plain and simple. We used to have to sell the ******* things in grammar school. I used to lick the cross off, and toss the bun in the garbage.

They suck. Plain and simple. We used to have to sell the ******* things in grammar school. I used to lick the cross off, and toss the bun in the garbage.

I thought the crosses were there because the bakery was either (a) too cheap to frost the whole thing; or, (b) too lazy to frost the whole thing; or, © both.

I thought the crosses were there because the bakery was either (a) too cheap to frost the whole thing; or, (b) too lazy to frost the whole thing; or, © both.

The cross is there to make it Kosher for Lent, when you give up sweet stuff otherwise. Catholic kosher, that it.

If we didn't sell enough of them, the nuns would lay that "you're not sharing Jesus' suffering on the cross" guilt thing on us. :laugh:

The cross is there to make it Kosher for Lent, when you give up sweet stuff otherwise. Catholic kosher, that it.

If we didn't sell enough of them, the nuns would lay that "you're not sharing Jesus' suffering on the cross" guilt thing on us. :laugh:

I got kicked out of Christian Science Sunday School for being a non-believer.

I got kicked out of Christian Science Sunday School for being a non-believer.

You probably couldn't eat a moldy hot cross bun then, either. :D

IIRC, once or twice we had them in Catholic grammar school.

Excluding the cruciform icing, the ones I ate were not sweet; none were made with currants or raisins.

Excluding the cruciform icing, the ones I ate were not sweet; none were made with currants or raisins.

Every one that I ever saw was full of currants.