Recommend a sinking line for Loomis GL3 10 wt?

Rate this topic

Emerger

Ditto the SA Streamer Express @ 450 gr. Look around for closeout sales on that series. I picked up a 400 and 450 grain SA Streamer Express from STPost about two months ago.

With the coupons I had I got them for $27.00 apiece. The Rio, AirFlo and SA Coldwater Striper Lines are all excellent. The only SA line a never liked was the Sharkskin series. A $100 line you need to fish with leather gloves is stooopid. And the average angler hardly evers fishes a full line hero shots at the extra 15 feet it's supposed to give you. I discovered the line faults using a guides set up for redfish in Florida. The SA Redfish line he had on another rod solved my problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Ditto the SA Streamer Express @ 450 gr. Look around for closeout sales on that series. I picked up a 400 and 450 grain SA Streamer Express from STPost about two months ago.

With the coupons I had I got them for $27.00 apiece. The Rio, AirFlo and SA Coldwater Striper Lines are all excellent. The only SA line a never liked was the Sharkskin series. A $100 line you need to fish with leather gloves is stooopid. And the average angler hardly evers fishes a full line hero shots at the extra 15 feet it's supposed to give you. I discovered the line faults using a guides set up for redfish in Florida. The SA Redfish line he had on another rod solved my problem.

"STPost"?  Where is that?

STP = Sportsmans trading post.

The last time I looked for the Kelly G. line it was no longer available. But the regular Streamer express line is a great line. Only sinker that you can cast like an intermediate line - no chuck-and-duck required.

Herb