Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish81

Bama Rig on Stripers!!!!

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

saw a guy using something that looked like that early last fall. didn't see him catch anything, of course he was surf casting

When you use three arms only, it's then called by the LMB Bass Fishin' Folks a 'Finesse Rig' for casting.

My C2 Rig works well in the surf but uses jigs(not clams).:) ! C2

Quote:

Originally Posted by flytyingguy1 View Post

IMO moe BS to join the club! Send me a reply if you wish but to old to lesion to anyone's BS. Nothing is free!

You do not have to join the club if you do not want to but it is certainly not BS. We do as we promise and whom ever decides to signs up will get to test and keep the alabama rig,$50 in gift cards, plus $25 in gear testing credits to pick out gear of their choice. Again all you pay is the shipping and handling fee which is $5.00.

Before I sold my boat I hated using umbrella rigs, only did twice and just didn't like dragging them around, so it's not too likely that I'll be casting one from shore.

I don't think anyone likes them, but they do catch fish?

Some states have banned this rig, better check you local regs.  Personally, I wouldn't touch one.  You have to draw the line somewhere.  If you want to attract some real attention here, instead of the gimmicky Alabama Rig, give away something akin to a new color of 7.5" or 9" Sluggos.  Then you'd have folks falling all over themselves to sign up.

BTW - Don't tell me something is free if I have to pay to get it because then it isn't 'free.'  That's a dirty little trick played by telemarketers - hmm, maybe that is the aspiration of your group.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mumichog View Post

Some states have banned this rig, better check you local regs.  Personally, I wouldn't touch one.  You have to draw the line somewhere.  If you want to attract some real attention here, instead of the gimmicky Alabama Rig, give away something akin to a new color of 7.5" or 9" Sluggos.  Then you'd have folks falling all over themselves to sign up.

BTW - Don't tell me something is free if I have to pay to get it because then it isn't 'free.'  That's a dirty little trick played by telemarketers - hmm, maybe that is the aspiration of your group.

The Item is free but yes like it is stated on the post, there is a $5 shipping and handling fee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish81 View Post

The Item is free but yes like it is stated on the post, there is a $5 shipping and handling fee.

Right, which means the item is not "free."  Wiggle around it all you want, to me it's a game to say free and then note some money is required after all.

From your initial post;

The code will set you up with a free Alabama Rig and all you pay is $5 shipping/handling and you get a 30 day risk-free trial for the Fishhound Club.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now, from the dictionary these two meanings of free are germane-

3. not subject (to) or restricted (by some regulation, constraint, etc); a free market ;

9. costing nothing; provided without charge: free entertainment

Thus the 'bama rig is not free because it is subject to the constraint of paying for shipping, and because it is not being provided free of charge.  Shipping is a constraint and a charge any way you look at it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mumichog View Post

Right, which means the item is not "free."  Wiggle around it all you want, to me it's a game to say free and then note some money is required after all.

From your initial post;

The code will set you up with a free Alabama Rig and all you pay is $5 shipping/handling and you get a 30 day risk-free trial for the Fishhound Club.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now, from the dictionary these two meanings of free are germane-

3. not subject (to) or restricted (by some regulation, constraint, etc); a free market ;

9. costing nothing; provided without charge: free entertainment

Thus the 'bama rig is not free because it is subject to the constraint of paying for shipping, and because it is not being provided free of charge.  Shipping is a constraint and a charge any way you look at it.

Give the guy a break,.

They want feedback on the rig. The rig is free. If you can go to see him, then you won't pay shipping. I don't see any problem with the guy wanting to cover the shipping and handling. He's already giving you the rig, and you want HIM to pay an additional $125 on top of giving away the rigs?

Come one, I understand everyone's sentiment here, but it's not like he said free and THEN you found out you had to pay shipping after entering all your info on his sit. He could have said ," Giving rigs away for the $5 shipping and handling charge"...true, but geez it's a matter of somantics...He said it right there in the same damn sentence...nothing sneaky...

you guys are hysterical.....

most of you spend countless hours on this site (some with tens of thousands of posts); and then parade out our new high end toys as a display of our fishing- and spending prowess. so when some guy who has invested in this site that as an official sponsor and is trying to promote himself with a free gear offer

and all you can do is BITCH ABOUT 5 FRIGGIN' DOLLARS??!!?

and cry that "nothing is free?" (*lemme guess- that new Stella was on sale, right?)

as stated above, give the guy a break

Makes no sense he's charging for shipping but giving away all the other stuff. Sounds too good to be true. Why not give a little less "free" stuff and ship on his own dime? The guys a business and if he's hiding behind free then there's always more to the story.

you guys are hysterical.....

most of you spend countless hours on this site (some with tens of thousands of posts); and then parade out our new high end toys as a display of our fishing- and spending prowess. so when some guy who has invested in this site that as an official sponsor and is trying to promote himself with a free gear offer

and all you can do is BITCH ABOUT 5 FRIGGIN' DOLLARS??!!?

and cry that "nothing is free?" (*lemme guess- that new Stella was on sale, right?)

as stated above, give the guy a break

As a matter of fact it was!