Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vwcrakerjack

Reel ID please

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Just got this reel. It's a penn the label is gone that say which model it is but I'm looking to rebuild it and make it nice. It's an older USA model. It has the clicker when I reel it. And is almost 5" from bottom of frame to top of spool. Thanks any info on getting parts to rebuild this would be great too. I know penn sells kits but I don't know if they do for this.

looks like maybe a 712z spinfisher. hard to tell the exact size just from the pic, a few things give it away. i could tell you for certain if you gave me the line capacity on the sticker on the rotor cup. It is without a doubt a z series spinfisher though

For sure it is a Penn Z series, probably the 710 or 712 ! Take off spool and see if there is a number if not pull the side plate and there should be a number on the inside of the cover for example 45-710 it would be a 710Z reel ! Hope this helps, good luck and nice reel !   Mike 

If there is a lever under the bail trip it a 710 where roller is / if there is no lever its a 12/ bail trip on opposite side of bail roller on the 712

Thanks guys its a 712z serial number under spool says 27-712 so is there anywhere you guys would recommend ordering a complete parts place for this? I'd like to sand it all down and clean, paint and, rebuild it. Right now it's sloppy and the paint is chipped off