Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
takeafishboatin

WTS ZX 27 Zeebaas w/ offshore handle and Double Manual pick up

10 posts in this topic

I'm the second owner. My best friend had it for about a year before he got stationed away from water and I picked it up from him. I've had it since last July.  it has mostly been used off the pier and offshore boats. Cosmetically a 9.5 out of 10. A few scratches in the usual places, but this reel shines so bright it's almost impossible to see them. mechanically it's flawless. The drag clicker was smoked out of it on a big wahoo last year, but It was just serviced less than a month ago at the zeebaas headquarters and a new one was installed. I have put an offshore handle on it and it has exactly 600 yards of 30 lb camo Suffix 832 braid that I put on less than a month ago as well. This baby can throw a mile. I've been using it to catch Cobia, Kings, Sailfish, Tuna, Mahi, Wahoo and the odd shark. I want to downsize to a New Z 22 or.....if someone has a 1st generation 27 or 22 in similar condition, I am willing to trade as well. If you want this baby with all the line and the offshore handle, I'm asking $875. The handle is a $130 accessory, and the line is new and was about $60. If you want it with the original handle and no line, then I'm asking $750. This reel has some good mojo! Check out my avatar pics album to see some of it's work! Thanks!

I am looking to go bigger. For trade I have a minty ZX 22 in silver, unused since its service this past summer. Box, and bag. I will get pictures up Friday. I would be interested in your 27 with the suffix line and original handle. I can cough up some cash or offer up a generous amount of offshore lures such as Braid Mauraders and Zukers. I will get pics up of those items also.

Regards, Kurt

trade for a van staal vs300?

Eh I'm not really a huge van staal fan anymore. I have a 100 that I use to catch kings and larger inshore fish when I'm looking for a challenge. Zeebass has my heart right now lol

I am looking to go bigger. For trade I have a minty ZX 22 in silver, unused since its service this past summer. Box, and bag. I will get pictures up Friday. I would be interested in your 27 with the suffix line and original handle. I can cough up some cash or offer up a generous amount of offshore lures such as Braid Mauraders and Zukers. I will get pics up of those items also.

Regards, Kurt

Is your 22 a double pick up? And out of curiosity, since you haven't been using it, what would you sell it for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeafishboatin View Post

I'm the second owner. My best friend had it for about a year before he got stationed away from water and I picked it up from him. I've had it since last July.  it has mostly been used off the pier and offshore boats. Cosmetically a 9.5 out of 10. A few scratches in the usual places, but this reel shines so bright it's almost impossible to see them. mechanically it's flawless. The drag clicker was smoked out of it on a big wahoo last year, but It was just serviced less than a month ago at the zeebaas headquarters and a new one was installed. I have put an offshore handle on it and it has exactly 600 yards of 30 lb camo Suffix 832 braid that I put on less than a month ago as well. This baby can throw a mile. I've been using it to catch Cobia, Kings, Sailfish, Tuna, Mahi, Wahoo and the odd shark. I want to downsize to a New Z 22 or.....if someone has a 1st generation 27 or 22 in similar condition, I am willing to trade as well. If you want this baby with all the line and the offshore handle, I'm asking $875. The handle is a $130 accessory, and the line is new and was about $60. If you want it with the original handle and no line, then I'm asking $750. This reel has some good mojo! Check out my avatar pics album to see some of it's work! Thanks!

Your looking to move this and downsize to a 22 you say it's "flawless mechanically" why would you be looking to trade for a 1st generation 27?

By the way I'm looking for one and was wondering.

Your looking to move this and downsize to a 22 you say it's "flawless mechanically" why would you be looking to trade for a 1st generation 27?

By the way I'm looking for one and was wondering.

Because the 1st generations are rare and ill take a 27 or a 22 if someone has one they want to trade. Id rather have a 1st generation 27 then a brand new 22. I just like the looks and the build of the 1st generations. You're looking for a 1st generation?

No, I'm looking for a good functioning reel at a decent price that hasn't had any long term or continuing constant on going problems that the owner has the service records for. I'd rather have black, but it isn't a deal breaker.

Is your 22 a double pick up? And out of curiosity, since you haven't been using it, what would you sell it for?

Its a single pickup. I checked the paperwork from ZB and it was serviced in August.

It will be used a lot this spring so I am not selling.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0