Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Lobster ravioli. First attempt

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I had one lobster from my traps yesterday. Thought I'd give it a shot. Surprisingly easy. Make the dough in the Kitchen Aid mixer. Ground up the lobster and ingredients in the Kitchen Aid food processor. Ran the dough through hand turned pasta maker, and made the ravioli on the ravioli maker.

What else is in the middle beside's lobster? they look good, I need to get one of those ravioli cutters. been cutting mine by hand and it take's a while.

It was about 6oz (meat from 1 lobster) lobster meat and the eggs in the cavity and tail, some diced sauted shallots, 1/2 cup ricotta, 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, tarragon salt and white pepper. That's it.

It was about 6oz (meat from 1 lobster) lobster meat and the eggs in the cavity and tail, some diced sauted shallots, 1/2 cup ricotta, 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, tarragon salt and white pepper. That's it.

Sounds good,thanks.

OMG, does that look and sound good!!!!

What did you serve as a "sauce"? With that filling, I'd imagine it'd be delicious with something simple. When I buy store-made lobster ravioli, I often find the lobster is a little bland and needs a more flavorful sauce.

OMG, does that look and sound good!!!!

What did you serve as a "sauce"? With that filling, I'd imagine it'd be delicious with something simple. When I buy store-made lobster ravioli, I often find the lobster is a little bland and needs a more flavorful sauce.

I kept the sauce real simple.

Sauted a small amount of shallots, then deglazed with about a half cup of white wine which I reduced by more than half. To that I added some light cream, reduced a bit more, then added the zest of a whole lemon and served.

I kept the sauce real simple.

Sauted a small amount of shallots, then deglazed with about a half cup of white wine which I reduced by more than half. To that I added some light cream, reduced a bit more, then added the zest of a whole lemon and served.

Nice work. These are not designed for the waistline, but you know, neither is wine or beer or doublestugged oreos.

I love making pasta but I can't do that often--get fat!

Thanks for sharing your recipe.

I made a few ravioli attempts with the pasta maker. Came out ok. I really liked the texture of the thin pasta sheets. Saucewise I tried both simple and complex. One sauce was basically an aioli, which took a long time to make. Anothe rsauce was simpler than yours: butter and sage, that's all. And they both tasted pretty good.

For some reason, the first thing I thought once I got going: lobster ravioli. So I'm glad to see that you made some.