Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
inthered

Corporate Finagling

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

We are not attacking corporations, but are endeavoring to do away with any evil in them.  We are not hostile to them; we are merely determined that they shall be so handled as to subserve the public good.  We draw the line against misconduct, not against wealth.

Don't know if you've seen any?

Personally, I see it all the time. I see things being done that are legal and totally scummy and I see things that are illegal, yet morally just.

We are not hostile to them; we are merely determined that they shall be so handled as to subserve the public good. 

The government's job is to "subserve" the public good. The corporation's job is to engage in private enterprise as it see's fit, not to fulfill whatever demands for "public good" any nitwit on the left wants to dream up. Methinks you are confused about the role of government and the role of private enterprise in a capitalist society - or you are calling for communism. I'm not sure which and I'm guessing you probably aren't either.

LL.jpg   On Tapatalk today?       impatient.gif

Originally Posted by Robert Williams View Post  The government's job is to "subserve" the public good. The corporation's job is to engage in private enterprise as it see's fit, not to fulfill whatever demands for "public good" any nitwit on the left wants to dream up. Methinks you are confused about the role of government and the role of private enterprise in a capitalist society - or you are calling for communism. I'm not sure which and I'm guessing you probably aren't either.

Corporations always good, Government always bad, it amazes me how thoroughly the right has been hookwinked. Corporations are people, except they cant be held acountable for thier actions. Whenever the CEOs run an industry into the ground, they get a bailout from the hated Govt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbnuts View Post

Corporations always good, Government always bad, it amazes me how thoroughly the right has been hookwinked. Corporations are people, except they cant be held acountable for thier actions. Whenever the CEOs run an industry into the ground, they get a bailout from the hated Govt.

How many Armored Assault Vehicles and truckloads of ammo has Microsoft bought lately for their Civilian Defense Force?

How many Armored Assault Vehicles and truckloads of ammo has Microsoft bought lately for their Civilian Defense Force?

None thats not its business, Blackwater however, plenty, along with billions in taxpayer money

You guys do realize that the only money the government has comes from the half of us that work and those terrible corporations.

I you want a say in what private companies do, become a shareholder.

How do I protest where my money is being handed out by the government? Are you as outraged at the government's behavior as well?

Whenever the CEOs run an industry into the ground, they get a bailout from the hated Govt.

You probably believe that, don't you?

Would the fact that the statement is patently false interfere with your willingness to believe it?

How about this. Change "whenever" to "only under the most extreme and unusual circumstances and against the wishes of conservatives" and you'll have a reasonable statement, but I suspect reasonable and true just wouldn't be worth your telling, would it?

Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post   No one has said that. they serve 2 very different purposes and have very different obligations.

... and any interference of government in the purpose of the other, is bad?