Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SwimBait

Need A Pair of Crimpers

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Looking for a medium duty double barrel crimper/swager tool for making hi low rigs, etc. on 60lb mono. I have found a few options but wanted to see if anyone knew of some high quality tools for this application. This one looks to be the best I have found so far from hi seas.

Pro Hand Swager / Crimping Tool

Did some research on this recently to slap together a couple shark rigs down here. Jinkai brand came up a lot as quality stuff. Personally, I bought the Mustad $20 closeout at Walmart since I'll probably only be doing 20 crimps a year if that. If I was going to use it on a regular basis, I probably would have spent another $50.

Element is correct in recommending the Jinkai crimpers. They are the best out there by far. A lot of the other crimpers have come down in quality so much in the past few years they basically are throw away away tools.

John

Thanks, I don't like to screw around with inferior tools as it is too costly in the long run. I did see the Mustad tool but I'll check the Jinkai brand out.

Although I'm not rigging up 200lb leaders I still want a tool that is going to hold up and get the job done and not fail on me.