Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnnycakes

So Ya like one piece rods ,do ya?

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

With the latest interest in 1 pc rods CTS has released 3 new one pc rods to fill some gaps in the line up as well as release a true Lion Tamer.

With the concentration on longer lengths and more powerful ratings some of the more traditional anglers have been hesitant to embrace some of the newer stuff out there. For them CTS has released a couple of 10' Vapor Trails. A 1-3 and a 3-6. The feedback from the 11' and 12' VT's has been fantastic but there is a sector of guys that have been throwing 10' moderate action rods for so long they don't know any different. These new 10'ers are very light,extremely powerful and incredibly easy to load . If this sounds appealing to your style of fishing ,they are well worth a peek.

As for a lion tamer the one piece 11' Vapor Trail in a 4-8 rating has been out there in testing for a while now and for the guys swimming BIG plugs and eels from the boulder fields and jettie fronts ,targeting large have come back with huge smiles and great feedback.

CTS has made a huge commitment to the one piece sector of the market place and is unparalleled in it's diverse selection of models to address so many different applications . These Three new models are just a few more reasons to check out what CTS is bringin to tha table

Show season is almost over and some demo's are upcoming next month. I am looking forward to introducing these rods and showing off their capabilities to those looking for their next "favorite Rod"!

Have been testing the 10' 3-6 vapor trail. Have one of the first ones made a few years back. For you guys that swim out to rocks and feel the 11' is too long check it out. Extremely light and powerful..

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnycakes View Post

8.3 ounces. This rod is a monstah for turning heads,particularly big ones.

Thanks, that is sweet. It is not much heavy then my 2 piece vt 3-6

Oddly enough the two piece rods are actually lighter than the one pc. models. The 2 pc versions take advantage of the two seperate tapers over one continuous taper that actually reqire more material to obtain the same desired effect.

Can't wait for the CTS guys to do a demo here in RI. I talked to Rich at the RI show earlier, hes trying to set one up with Don.

I also tested out my VT 11' 2pc today thing felt so amazing.

Can't wait for the CTS guys to do a demo here in RI. I talked to Rich at the RI show earlier, hes trying to set one up with Don.

I also tested out my VT 11' 2pc today thing felt so amazing.

We were in CT last week. Good reponces,brought some new shops on board. I am hoping to set something up in a few weeks. I mean if yer gonna drive ta Rohdy why not do it when the fish are there also. :D

I love my one piece rods. I don't like the idea of using a rod that is in 2 pieces. casting a 1 piece rod the kinetic energy is evenly distributed, especially when fighting a fish. Knowing that gives me piece of mind.

Include me out. The 2-piece rods I tried last fall were really neat, the one-piece philosophy is, IMHO, out of date. Now, there WAS a prototype 12' and some inches that I think was 2-piece, but it was so awesome that I'd be much tempted even if it's a one.

From now on, I'm hoping to stick to 2-piece rods. They fit a lot easier in the 4runner, if I want to snooze awhile, and want to secure the nice tackle while I'm asleep.

For me anyways, it is a matter of mental security. I am not exactly what you would call graceful and when wetsuiting I ( like everyone else) use my rod as a walking staff. The idea of the rod butt getting wedged between the rocks and me getting dumped by a wave (yet again :shock:) and not being connected to my 800$ reel is always in the back of my mind. Is that likely? Probably not. Is it possible? Absolutely! It is a piece of mind thing for me. There are other reasons also. I to am a tradionalist by nature and have old school values. Also old and stubborn. :D

I'll take a one piece every time, the connection is one more thing to worry about. I've heard too many stories about the tip section becoming loose and turning, plus the wear factor and having to line up the guides every time you put it together. I prefer the solid feel of a one piece rod.