Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hwsmike

Remember this? Not that fast though.

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Fixt it for ya. Yeah....those are a bit faster than the ones I played with as a kid, lol. Used to love slot cars. Not sure of how this works? It's amazingly fast. Seems like it would get boring fast, lol.

As a kid, we use to go to these local places, where people would race RC cars. Some were outdoor tracks for off-road races, some were in a Roller Skating rink and they had foam tires. Another place had this banked, enclosed track, where guys would run these small, super fast flat looking RC cars. Pretty amazing stuff. I don't think much of that is around anymore though.

As a kid, we use to go to these local places, where people would race RC cars. Some were outdoor tracks for off-road races, some were in a Roller Skating rink and they had foam tires. Another place had this banked, enclosed track, where guys would run these small, super fast flat looking RC cars. Pretty amazing stuff. I don't think much of that is around anymore though.

Got 'Rooned ..... :(

Got 'Rooned ..... :(

It's weird that boys today wouldn't love building an RC car to me. My brother had an RC off-road Van, forget the name, but it was popular and I had a Hornet dune buggy. The kits were cool, because you had to actually build the cars. Hobby shops had LOADS of upgrades for the RC's too. Shocks, motors, rims, tires, you name it. You could build a 500 dollar RC car that flew, lol.

This is sadly reminding me of my years.

I grew up on a Dairy farm in Northern Indiana. In 5th grade I received for Christmas a build kit for a P-51 Mustang powered with a small Cox (sp?) engine and controlled by hard wire to my hand. No dad around but I managed to put it together and, without asking, took it to school for bragging rights. At morning recess (remember those?) I flew that bird for something like 30 minutes.

The reason I have that clear memory is because of the Science teacher, Mr. Schneider. With pointed finger he told me to hang tight (on the asphalt basketball court) and he'd be back. I **** a brick thinking I was in trouble because the model plane could have hit someone (fast and loud) no matter how cool flying it is. Not only did he let me run recess long but he collected his class and brought them OUTSIDE to explain basics of how a wing works.

I'd love to know where some of that ingenuity (teacher's not mine) went to in this day of NECAP testing and Robo-education.

Rant over...it's early though

This is sadly reminding me of my years.

I grew up on a Dairy farm in Northern Indiana. In 5th grade I received for Christmas a build kit for a P-51 Mustang powered with a small Cox (sp?) engine and controlled by hard wire to my hand. No dad around but I managed to put it together and, without asking, took it to school for bragging rights. At morning recess (remember those?) I flew that bird for something like 30 minutes.

The reason I have that clear memory is because of the Science teacher, Mr. Schneider. With pointed finger he told me to hang tight (on the asphalt basketball court) and he'd be back. I **** a brick thinking I was in trouble because the model plane could have hit someone (fast and loud) no matter how cool flying it is. Not only did he let me run recess long but he collected his class and brought them OUTSIDE to explain basics of how a wing works.

I'd love to know where some of that ingenuity (teacher's not mine) went to in this day of NECAP testing and Robo-education.

Rant over...it's early though

Teachers are now controlled by government decisions.

I played with RC cars well into my 20's, electric and nitro. the local hobby shop has a track on the roof of the building. At least they did, havent been there in years.