Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjmoore82

Camping Assateague April 26-28

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Some friends and I are heading down to camp at Assateague the end of April. Trying to figure out if there are any decent spots along the beach near the walk-in campground or if we should head down the drive on further. Have only fished AI a few times(mostly when I was younger). Just wanted to get a little heads up beforehand. No need to tell direct locations, but if its no good by the campground and worthwhile a little ways south, that would be greatly helpful. Thanks ahead of time for any info

Walking from your campsite to your fishing spot is nice, but even if they have reopened the oceansite sites (they were still closed as of two weeks ago when I spoke to a ranger) leftover damage from the storms) it's still a little bit of a walk.

I would recommend getting a site near the main road on the bayside and then drive the beach. Hopefully there will be no washovers or plovers during your stay ... April is usually pretty safe and you will have a shot at black drum and stripers ... when you get there check your local baitshop for the best baits to use.

jj welcome I use to camp ocean side ,an walk over the dune .had pretty good luck. if you read the other post on here the beach has changed from even last yr .I kinda get into it an if you can read the water ,an maybe find a little rip current or a hole you might do well good luck .i'll be down there at that time staying a site 6a bay side I use the drive on look for the lol 1975 champion motor home

Sounds good vaearl. We're camping at the walk-ins I think in the high 40's somewhere. Not sure if we'll head out on the drive on but we might. I'll keep an eye out for you if we head that way