Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ma77h3w58

tica surf rods vs. Tsunami saphire surf vs. daiwa sealine

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

The Tica  TC2 (UEHA) series is a nice rod but I know I am not alone in having guide liners pop out. I think the Dolphin series has upgraded guides. I have been happy with the ueha  for the cost but would upgrade next time. Don't know about the rest.

Been using the Tica 9' - 1/2-3oz for years & never had a problem for $79.00 you couldn't go wrong it's now $99.

But I hear there is a new Tsunami rod in the making which will be out shortly & understand from some of the top builders its going to be a winner! Going to be in the $200 range.

Been using the Tica 9' - 1/2-3oz for years & never had a problem for $79.00 you couldn't go wrong it's now $99.

But I hear there is a new Tsunami rod in the making which will be out shortly & understand from some of the top builders its going to be a winner! Going to be in the $200 range.

they are coming out with the Airwave Elite, which I got to hold the heavier rated MH and XH which are awesome rods. They're $179 now in a few stores if anyone wanted to see one. I know FF3 in Middletown has one. I believe the others will be out in June at mass, but are supposed to be a serious lineup

Have 3 or 4 tica 9'ers both med and heavy action nice rods for price. Also have tsunami rods eyes came out of a few of them on the tip. I use the rods the same way spent the money and had all tips replaced. Now they r my backup backup rods but they do cast nice. May give them another shot for the hell of it.

if you buy the tica, be sure to get the tc-3 "dolphin" (its a dark blue rod) in either 9' or 10"6" great rod for the money. took a 44 pounder in rough surf on the 9 ft.

DO NOT buy the black tica tc-2. They are crap. huge difference between the two in terms of quality

I've got two Tica TC-2's. I've had my 10-6 for 7 years and a 9'er for 4. Never had a problem with the guides or anything else for that matter. there're great for the cost.

I recently bought the 9' Tica Dolphin rated for 2-6oz. I haven't fished it yet, but in my moments of restlessness at home this winter, I've swung and banged it on the TV, ceiling fan, lamps, doors, floors, and dinner table. It's already seen more abuse than it ever will on a fishing trip. Unlike the furniture, the rod has held up phenomenally and I'm impressed with the durability to say the least. I can't wait to get out there.

I recently bought the 9' Tica Dolphin rated for 2-6oz. I haven't fished it yet, but in my moments of restlessness at home this winter, I've swung and banged it on the TV, ceiling fan, lamps, doors, floors, and dinner table. It's already seen more abuse than it ever will on a fishing trip. Unlike the furniture, the rod has held up phenomenally and I'm impressed with the durability to say the least. I can't wait to get out there.

You know they have Meds for that! :p