Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gray gables

Carolina Cast Pro rods?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I haven't been able to put my hands on any yet either. I did fondle a proto about 2 years ago at the RB show in NC. That one seemed pretty nice. But I have not seen another since.

They're gaining popularity with the red drum crowd at OBX.  Tommy Farmer (distance caster/fisherman) is the man behind CCP.  I'm moving in two weeks and building my first rod as a CCP 10' 1-4.  I'll let you know how it feels when I get it in hand.  Reviews I've found have been great and the price was right.

just got two 10' 1-4oz to build today.... they are pretty sticks!

fast action, and can throw a mile. they are very popular down south for throwing metal

I haven't thrown many century rods, but i feel they are close to the cts s8

I might be checking these out, cts just went up on all there prices on all there blanks.

Doh! And I was considering an S7 in a few months. Oh wells, I guess you have to pony up to own a CTS. Sizable price jumps too I think.

I have to hold back on this one for the reason that the industry is insanely competitive.

I own the 6-10 oz Carolina Cast Pro Series and It's just as good as the CTS or Century

rods that fall within that category. The only reason one would pick over the other is personal

preference. The technology that's put into the rod is unreal. That being said, don't second

guess yourself on A purchase.

i just looked at those new prices. wow i think cts might have just about priced themselves out of most of the market. a $40-50 jump in price of the blank is more than i think most people can handle.

Doh! And I was considering an S7 in a few months. Oh wells, I guess you have to pony up to own a CTS. Sizable price jumps too I think.

10% across the board.. Blanks and built rods I believe..

I put my expensive high end rods away and all I use now is CCP. 11' spin and 12' casting rod and a 10' spin. I have been surf fishing for over 50 years and these are the best rods I ever used. Light, well made and cast a mile.

I put my expensive high end rods away and all I use now is CCP. 11' spin and 12' casting rod and a 10' spin. I have been surf fishing for over 50 years and these are the best rods I ever used. Light, well made and cast a mile.

I know these rods don't get the credit they deserve here in NJ.

I have fallen in love with the CCP 12' 3-7oz and I own plenty of chunking rods that are more expensive...time to sell some more rods.

I've been looking at these and have yet pulled the trigger on one.  Maybe after I build the other surf rods I have on the books, I'll order one of these, especially if it keeps getting the reviews it has been.