Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Otshawytsha

McCarver Announces Retirement

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

He'll be harrying us for exactly one more season of crap, then we can hopefully get a new team in our baseball telecasts. Unforatunetly for Giants fans, the good years--two WS in three years--may have already passed, but I am happy for whoever has their team in the series in 2014, not having to listen McCarver's absolutely horrible pablum.

As he said on Mike Fatcesa's show yesterday , like 10 times before Fatso changed the subject , he is  "NOT RETIRING"....

Sorry......smile.gif

he's just not doing the Fox game anymore

As he said on Mike Fatcesa's show yesterday , like 10 times before Fatso changed the subject , he is  "NOT RETIRING"....

Sorry......:)

he's just not doing the Fox game anymore

I hope this doesn't mean he will be doing the World Series still?

Quote:

Originally Posted by okisutch View Post

I hope this doesn't mean he will be doing the World Series still?

he didn't say. but he said he'd be doing something for sure.... Buck is the one that's brutal for me...upck.gif

I'd trade him for Buck 10 times over.....i understand how people don't like Tim McCarver,  but outside of calling games he's a great storyteller full of funny anecdotal baseball information and knowledge from is long career as a player .

he didn't say. but he said he'd be doing something for sure.... Buck is the one that's brutal for me...:upck:

I'd trade him for Buck 10 times over.....i understand how people don't like Tim McCarver,  but outside of calling games he's a great storyteller full of funny anecdotal baseball information and knowledge from is long career as a player .

Yeah he's probably the best source for stories and behind the scenes info on HoFamer Bob Gibson.

he didn't say. but he said he'd be doing something for sure.... Buck is the one that's brutal for me...:upck:

I agree. Buck is just an empty voice. McCarver is almost comic relief. Together, they are hell.

Giants talk and no Jon Miller...?

You should be on your knees thanking the baseball gods!

When he left the Os I cried...(and cursed Peter the A-hole...what a schmuck)

We do have FP in DC, but he's just a kid (doing better, but he's no Jon Miller)

Those other two dweebs mentioned ruin a game...I turn off the sound.

Giants talk and no Jon Miller...?

You should be on your knees thanking the baseball gods!

When he left the Os I cried...(and cursed Peter the A-hole...what a schmuck)

We do have FP in DC, but he's just a kid (doing better, but he's no Jon Miller)

Those other two dweebs mentioned ruin a game...I turn off the sound.

MAn, I really despise FP. HE's like the ultimate Jock jerk psychopath. Not even a great baseball player, and it shows: has an enlarged sense of contempt and impatience toward the unwashed non-professional masses to which he owes his paycheck. Alienating jerk.

Jon Miller is great. Good sense of humor, witty, quick, good voice.