Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CcCstriper89

Shed hunting

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Anybody been getting it done? Spent close to 12 hours so far in the last couple weeks got my first of 2013 this morning. A knawed up 6 ( if other side was symmetrical). Either an early season shed from this year or possibly last seasons. 1000

Nice! How big? I always hope I will find a pair side by side. I know other people who have found them that way too. I Just haven't been in the right place at the right time yet

I've been taking my dog for walks. Still a lot of snow in the woods up here. Haven't found anything, or even anyplace where the deer seem to have been yarded. Freakin lumber outfit basically clearcut the best yards around my hunting area a couple of years ago.

Nice! How big? I always hope I will find a pair side by side. I know other people who have found them that way too. I Just haven't been in the right place at the right time yet

it was a big wide spread 8 pointer, only about a year old.

Now thats a shed! I have been looking hard for some decent bucks like that. Was it dropped in a feeding area? Thats usually where I find mine; although sometimes inside the thicker swamps.

It was dropped on a trail. I have to duck under this tree limb to get by it. He must have hit it on the limb and dropped it there.

The woods are a mess this year ,lots of branches down. If you are not looking you will just pass them by. Here is another antler it is 11pt 1 side. It is the prize of my collection.

It was dropped on a trail. I have to duck under this tree limb to get by it. He must have hit it on the limb and dropped it there.

The woods are a mess this year ,lots of branches down. If you are not looking you will just pass them by. Here is another antler it is 11pt 1 side. It is the prize of my collection.

that's awesome mike, bring that to the shop would like to see it in person.

Awsome! I will be at it some more this week hopefully with new pics to come. I will get a couple pictures of others I have found in past years soon.

Keep them coming! Love seeing sheds. Its amazing how they get through hunting season in some areas. :D

Hope I don't screw this up. Not sure how to attach a pic.

I found this shed about 5 years ago in one of my hunting spots in Northern Maine. The dropped sheds were about 10 feet apart.

[ATTACHMENT=8861]000_0033.jpg (1,023k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]