Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wildcard777

Bucktail with Spinner

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Sure, they work. Don't be afraid to experiment, everything is worth a try . I mix and match freshwater and saltwater stuff all the time, some bomb and some work great , there's only one way to know if something works and nothing works 100% of the time .

I have them in my spring bag right now. I carry 1/2 and 1oz in all white and white and chartreuse. They work just fine tip em with a small twisted tail. Blakemore roadrunners always see em on super deals like a $1.99 and i looad up on the small sizes.

20 years ago, that lure and the success he had with it gave birth to his very hot fly pattern. Google henrycowenflyfishingdotcom. Henry is on this site but I don't hear much from him.

what was the reason for the "horse head" type design ?? What was is supposed to do as opposed the the normal looking type bucktail ??

Again .... Kind of curious to the design of this type of buck tail. Was it created to target any particular type of species ?

Sure, they work. Don't be afraid to experiment, everything is worth a try . I mix and match freshwater and saltwater stuff all the time, some bomb and some work great , there's only one way to know if something works and nothing works 100% of the time .

Well said .. I agree 100%

Quote:

Originally Posted by outtasight View Post

Damn and I thought I had my own creation! They don't spin when swam but shine nicely. I think they are gonna be bluefish/schoolie magnets but we'll see.

<br />

Very creative 

what was the reason for the "horse head" type design ?? What was is supposed to do as opposed the the normal looking type bucktail ??

lt gives some distance so the blade can rotate freely, without interfering with a possible hookset. If you see the homebuilt ones which don't spin (above) you can see why the horse head design works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geetey View Post

I have a variation of this with the spinner coming out the tail end. Can't wait to try it out.smile.gif

Ooooo sounds coool. Can you post pics?