Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chefchris401

Pichneys, metal lips, pencils, customs, new stuff

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Been busy trying to finish my winter builds off before the spring is in full swing.

first pic is

metallic purple cowboy sr, 3.5oz

2 green/gold pichney giant a 40s, 3.5oz

1 light purple/purple pearl epoxy pichney giant a 40 3.6oz

my super slim version of a pichney eely, in light purple/purple pearl epoxy, 1.5oz

hawg hunter pencil in green mac, 3.5oz

herring pencil 2.6oz

one off polaris popper, 2.1oz

cuttyhunk style popper with westcoast style eyes, 1.75oz

two prototype small dannys, 1.5 and 1.75oz, painted those in my mullet color scheme which is green top/blue sides with a gold pearl epoxy, perfect size baits for fall when the mullet show up, that color combo has been my go to for the last 4 years

couple more pics and close ups of the same batch.

2nd batch to get finished was as follows

light purple/purple pearl epoxy pichney giant a 40 3.6oz

reverse pink mac danny, 2.25oz for a good buddy I fish with almost daily.

5" mini canal pencil, 2.4oz, this is a body from my buddy Skippy that I finished.

herring danny, 2.5oz, already rigged in my bag

2 pichney style pocket rockets, the mullet one is 1.1oz and the white pearl is 1.5oz, i rig these with 5/0 or 6/0 siwash and a curly tail grub on the back, they slay, on the drop it looks like a squid due to the way it falls.

2 pencils in herring, 2.5oz

lefthook pilgrim body from george that i painted and reweighed at 1.2oz to be a floater

some afterhours shaped needles, i weighed these at 1.4oz, used one big belly weight about 2" from the tail, they almost float, can work em like a pencil/spook or straight retrieve em like a needle, white pearl and black over orange my go to RI needlefish color.

couple more close ups of that group.

Thanks for looking and checking out my plugs

sanding another 50 today and last batch for this season is drying from sealer now

They look really nice. Can I ask what you clear with?

of course, its just etex, put i use muskyslayers plate method and few tricks of my own that Ive learned over the years, results are a super smooth finish, and im doing it without a spinner, i think he posted his how to here.

Really digging that green danny, has great curves!

Is that a lefty 1 hs on that skinny eely, looks like that would swim real nice!

thanks glen, both those lil dannys swim great, yes its a lefty one lip in that eely, its a slimmed down version of the standard pichney style, wanted to try something, weighs in at 1.5oz without hooks, might test swim it on easter

Love to see the side and belly on those Danny's

here you go, its painted with val spar spray paints, top is "luscious green" and the bottom is "exotic sea", then a coat of epoxy with some gold pearl mixed in, it may not be a traditional Mullet scheme but it slays when they show up.