Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Hunger in America

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

There is no doubt that it does exist.  There is no denying it.

Debbie Wasserman Shultz.  I will be fair, I don't agree with a lot of her political or social views, but on the subject of hunger and food anxiety (a growing problem) credit for bringing the problem to the floor.

From Breitbart:

Quote:

Speaking at a hearing of the House Legislative Branch Appropriations Subcommittee, Wasserman Schultz worried that prices of meals in House restaurants are getting so high that aides are being "priced out" of a good meal.

At the carry-out cafe in the Cannon Office Building, where Wasserman Schultz has her office, you can get an 8oz bowl of Ham and Bean soup for $2. You can buy gourmet sandwiches and wraps for around $5. Both of these are cheaper than I can get at delis down the street from my house. 

Her aides could walk across the street to the Longworth Building, which has a large sit-down cafeteria. Today, it is featuring a roasted stuffed Chicken, with asparagus and mashed potatoes, for around $7. Or, one could opt for a heaping 12oz bowl of Chicken Chili for $3. 

There is also the tried and true method enjoyed by millions of workers around the country: a brown-bag lunch.

Wasserman Schultz's top aide earns around $160k a year. She pays two additional aides around $120k a year. She has five additional aides who earn between $60-100k a year. 

Whenever anyone proposes cuts in federal spending, Democrats like Wasserman Schultz warn that the cuts will endanger seniors and children. I used to think the argument was just a cynical political play for votes. After Tuesday's hearing, however, I'm afraid Wasserman Schultz may actually believe it.

We need Sally Struthers.  Just 15 cents a day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotcow? View Post

She is an idiot (D-Florida).

That is all.

FIFY

Food Anxiety is a real problem in modern America.  People are worried about food.  And they have, yes, anxiety.

What about food deserts?  There are huge swaths of the USA where there is no food.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Cell View Post

With Monsanto running the show, This food anxiety will get much worse.

And who gave all the food business to Monsanto?

Wasnt me.  It was Debbie 2 names and her gang, wasnt it?

With Monsanto running the show, This food anxiety will get much worse.

Right on!!!!! Corn and Soybean Production per Acre are at an all time low!

Oh wait, they aren't....... Never mind.........................................;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post

Why is gummit eating ham? Ham is bad for you.

No, Ham is bad for YOU.  Dont you be worrying about what they eat,