Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

I think I need help...this can't be normal!

15 posts in this topic

OK--as some of you may know, I am 99.5% done research different kayaks, picking peoples' brains on the subject, yatta yatta...just waiting to speak with JonS (a.k.a. "Mr. Miagi", a.k.a. "Obiwan Kenobi" wink.gif ) on a few things.

My problem is that I can't seem to think about anything else (fishing related). I haven't been fishing in a kayak yet, but STILL am consitantly checking this board, doing various web searches, etc. I can only imagine how "O.C.D." I'm going to become with yak fishing. This can't be good. wink.gif

Tell me I ain't weird...am I the only one? My woman seems to think it's just me, so I come to you guys to set me straight.

Be gentle....

------------------

Joe

Stranded in Albany

GO NAVY

It really is another world so don't feel like you're nuts Joe. Other types of fisherman just don't understand. Kayak fishing is like that. I so rarely fish without a yak these days. Catching fish from a yak somehow magnifies my enjoyment. Wait until you get a yak and get out there and start catching fish. It gets better. Catching a nice bass from a kayak like Christian did on the Report thread is too much fun and very hard to describe to someone who hasn't done it. This past December ST got a nice fish from his yak and it was so much fun watching him. Too bad neither Joey or I had a camera.

Its like many of us have said. We all wish that we had gotten into the sport sooner.

JoeB I've done my homework like you and ordered my "craft" and just waiting for it to come in. JonS helped me all the way with this but the board has been like the "World Book" as far as personal experiences. Plus the board is not critical, there is room for everyone and their suggestions. I too have been thinking about this new adventure and can't wait to join in. Porter's pics just fuel the fire!

JoeB I've read your post a few times and I still don't get the question. You think you have a problem because you can only think about is yak fishing. That's a problem???? That's perfectly normal and if you doubt wait until you catch your first fish. Then you'll see what real normal rational thinking is. In the meantime maybe some of us could start a sort of AA for yak fisherman. YA, first session meets on 4/6 on the flats.

MM-

Most definately...just make sure you guys start up some sort of 12 Step program for the rest of us!!! rolleyes.gif

------------------

Joe

Stranded in Albany

GO NAVY