Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
takeafishboatin

has anyone used the wire leader material "knot 2 kinky"?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I just bought some today. Nickel and titanium leader wire. Comes as small as 6lb. Doesn't kink, and you can tie it. If this stuff is legit, then its going to drastically improve the hook up rate on leader shy Spanish and small kings. The smallest leader i saw before was 17lb seven strand, and that stuff broke all the time on modest sized fish. Anyone have any first hand accounts with this stuff? Is it as strong as it claims?

That surflon is garbage. Leader is to black and doesn't hold up. I've tried to like it for a long time. This stuff is single strand and I can't get a kink to stay in it. I'm telling ya, when you see and feel it, you will be impressed. I just hope it preforms!

I have it and its a single strand used it a few times till I had the tag end stab me don't use it anymore
.? In your first post you say the product your talking about doesn't kink.

Then you say in your 2nd post you can't get a kink in it! Your not making sence at least to me!

Tufline Tuf Leader is really slick.  Un-coated, finely braided stainless steel wire with a spectra (braid) core that knots up like mono.  Plus, it's not expensive like that Titanium stuff which I have handled and thought was pretty cool except for the outrageous prices.

.? In your first post you say the product your talking about doesn't kink.

Then you say in your 2nd post you can't get a kink in it! Your not making sence at least to me!

Yeah, the product says it wont kink. I put it to the test and bent it all up and it went right back to straight. Haven't tied a knot yet though.

I haven't used the product that you refer to, but I have used something similar, Tyger Wire, and have been very pleased with it. It ties well, and doesn't king up. I believe that it is titanium-based, which explains why it is a little expensive.

I have made some leaders up with small barrel crimps, doubling the tail back into the crimp thus encasing the tail.

Interesting stuff I did not like the knots that I tied in it but they did hold.

Can tufline tuf leader handle a barracuda's teeth? And do you replace the mono leader altogether with the tufline or do you attached the tufleader to the regular mono leader?