Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Portable printers

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I see HP sells a portable, battery powered printer that connects via Bluetooth to your computer, or computing device. Does anyone here use a portable printer enough to recommend one? And, since I'll be hauling the thing together with a laptop, who makes a good wheeled cart to haul the things around with them? A lockable one would be good, if roto-molded guitar cases and tackle boxes can be had, there's probably an equivalent for the security-minded, slightly paranoid computer user, like me. One with a built-in compartment for a black mamba for a guardian would be even better but it would unsettle the court officers.

I actually have the HP you are speaking about.

Works great for me. I work in music and travel a lot. It lives in my road case workbox. I especially like the rechargeable battery. I charge it maybe once a week and with pretty normal use, I rarely run the battery all the way down.

Bluetooth set-up is a breeze.

It is pretty bulky, but I have put it in my backpack before and taken it on a plane. No real need for a cart. It also does not allow you to print off an iPhone or iPad, even with the HP app.

Canon also makes one... It is the go to for 95% of the production office workers in the touring business. It is not rechargeable though.

Both are around the same price.

I would recommend it though just for the fact that it doesn't have to be plugged in to a power source to work.

To add... Most of the people I work with, carry their stuff in a Tumi roller bag or a rimowa roller.

Not cheap though. The rimowa are a hardcase roller.

If weight is not a huge deal... Ogio makes a few nice briefcase style shoulder bags.

Yeah... The ip90... That's the one.

Great little printer.

With the HP, you sacrifice the weight for the ability to use it anywhere without the need for an outlet.

Good Luck

What a great topic.

I need a portable vehicle system that prints checks, and reciepts, and updates inventory. I was meaning to start researching it this summer. This thread is as good a place to start as any.

If anyone reading this can reccomend a place to start learning about this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

You really only have 2 options... HP or Canon.

HP is battery powered (rechargeable) and connects via Bluetooth. Convenient when you don't have 110 to power it. It is a bit bulky.

The canon is great, but you need power. It connects via USB, and is fast.

If you need to scan, neat receipts has a great bus-powered scanner.