Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Codybear

QTC cage is to tight- any ideas..???

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

guys, I won a 6500 QTC cage this past weekend at the tournament and am trying to fit it to a reel I have. the reel is a 6500 c3ct sports-rocket mkII.. I have three of these reels.. it seems the spool of my rocket will not fit in anyway possible into the new cage, don't know.. do these cages take special spools ? penny for ur' thoughts.. and yes I'm sure it's an 6500cage...

:wave:

You were not very clear exactly where your problem lies. "How" does your spool not fit?

A few questions to help define your problem.

1) Can your spool pass through the holes in the QTC cage?

2) Are the diameters of the big holes in the chrome cage the same as the big holes in the QTC cage?

2) Can you assemble the QTC cage with the side plates and the shaft without the spool?

3) Are the two cages exactly the same width?

4) Has the plastic thingy that keeps your shaft from falling out of the right side plate self-destructed?

Better, more relevant pics might help. :)

you see the pics...the plates are fitted into the new cage the qTc red cage..

I have found out that the cage is a 6000 series cage, they are saying it should fit my 6500 reel. the thing is my 6500 spool will not fit thru the holes of the new cage- the spool will almost fit thru the top of the new cage,.. gonna research a little more and might have to shave a little, who knows... better yet build around the new cage..lol...

Cody-

From what you have described your 6500 spool isn't wide enough for the frame. I think that leaves you needing a 6600W spool. Your shaft is probably going to be too short also.

Good luck finding a good spool and shaft for short money. :)

Let us know how you make out. ;)