Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LI BeachRat

Winner of power ball, got to love it

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Well the winner of the Power Ball jackpot was on TV. Here he 's been in the United States since the 80's and he and his wife can't speak a word of english. So can someone tell me how the 12 million Obama wants to give amnesty to will learn english in ten years? Will they be deported if they don't ? To those who keep saying "oh they want to learn english " BS.

Well the winner of the Power Ball jackpot was on TV. Here he 's been in the United States since the 80's and he and his wife can't speak a word of english. So can someone tell me how the 12 million Obama wants to give amnesty to will learn english in ten years? Will they be deported if they don't ? To those who keep saying "oh they want to learn english " BS.

i'm against making them citizens with the wave of a pen.

however, if they want to be here, let them.

if you went to a place like Italy or Russia or Mexico where they don't know English, would you be willing to pass a test to make sure you knew their language in order to stay there on your visit?

i'm against making them citizens with the wave of a pen.

however, if they want to be here, let them.

if you went to a place like Italy or Russia or Mexico where they don't know English, would you be willing to pass a test to make sure you knew their language in order to stay there on your visit?

He's not visiting he's been living here for 25 years. If I was to "move" to another country I would learn the language.

My grandparents came from Italy and could speak english by the third year. Why ? Because they wanted too, they wanted to be Americans. The hispanics coming here today do not want to. They want the USA to become a hispanic country or bend to suit them.

This guy owns a store and after 26 years still can't speak english. Ever go into a bodaga in spanish Harlem? No one can or will speak english to you. Try it some time.

He's not visiting he's been living here for 25 years. If I was to "move" to another country I would learn the language.

so then how long should it take for them to learn English?

a month?

2 years?

5 years?

George W Bush has lived in the United States all his life and still doesn't know the English language.

They should not have to learn English. It's not a requirement, but there are certainly consequences for not learning English. We make many, many provisions for non-English speakers, but not knowing how to speak lowers the ceiling in most cases when you are trying to succeed in America.

My grandparents came from Italy and could speak english by the third year. Why ? Because they wanted too, they wanted to be Americans. The hispanics coming here today do not want to. They want the USA to become a hispanic country or bend to suit them.

This guy owns a store and after 26 years still can't speak english. Ever go into a bodaga in spanish Harlem? No one can or will speak english to you. Try it some time.

incorrect.

He has not owned the store for 26 years.

I thought I heard he also owes back child support and that of course will be deducted before he is paid.
29k! If he cant afford the kids then how can he afford lottery tickets? Oh, I guess someone else will help take care of them.