Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lazha

Tasline braid

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried this line ? It's more expensive than Samurai :huh: by $25 for 325 yard spool! Paulus site rates it very good and has 15#+ breaking strength than listed but I think it's their line so can't really believe these numbers.

If you had some experiences with this line, please share.

Has anyone tried this line ? It's more expensive than Samurai :huh: by $25 for 325 yard spool! Paulus site rates it very good and has 15#+ breaking strength than listed but I think it's their line so can't really believe these numbers.

If you had some experiences with this line, please share.

fireline has a breaking strength well over 15# over its rating, well atleast 30#.

with a lot of these fancy braids, comes brittleness. Id rather be fishing 50# sufix then 55# samuari in a rocky area, so id just watch out. Alot of these braids are super thin, and cast awesome but just make sure itll work where you want it to. for all i know though it could be teh greatest thing ever. if you get some let us know how it id

fireline has a breaking strength well over 15# over its rating, well atleast 30#.

with a lot of these fancy braids, comes brittleness. Id rather be fishing 50# sufix then 55# samuari in a rocky area, so id just watch out. Alot of these braids are super thin, and cast awesome but just make sure itll work where you want it to. for all i know though it could be teh greatest thing ever. if you get some let us know how it id

I don't know if I'm ready to spend $75 for 325yard spool...

for what it is worth, tasline is made for paulus. it may be awesome, but there is potential for some bias in the review. i ended up with izorline line after reading his reviews. i havent fished it, but it is nice on my casual inspection and thin and strong based his testing. i think i payed $40 or 50 for 500 yards.

Well i think the Tasline sounds like good gear, i really respect what Paulus says, and the specifications really stack up well, my next 50lb setup is going to be Tasline, to give it a go!

for what it is worth, tasline is made for paulus. it may be awesome, but there is potential for some bias in the review. i ended up with izorline line after reading his reviews. i havent fished it, but it is nice on my casual inspection and thin and strong based his testing. i think i payed $40 or 50 for 500 yards.

That is what I'm afraid of. I've always thought that Samurai was top of the price range for lines but this really takes it to the next level.

Top of the price range? Ive recently put 300 m of Daiwa Saltiga Hyper 8 on my Daiwa 5000 reel, .umm won't say what i paid for that.....but it is one of the best braids out there!

Top of the price range? Ive recently put 300 m of Daiwa Saltiga Hyper 8 on my Daiwa 5000 reel, .umm won't say what i paid for that.....but it is one of the best braids out there!

Interesting you mention Hyper 8. It is more expensive than Samurai but I think it's more of a tourney line. Shinobi has the similar specs as Hyper 8 (I think Shinobi is a 4 strand though) yet cost around what Samurai cost. I'm curious if Daiwa is just trying to separate these 2 to get a bit more money out of casting people by promoting it as Tournament.