Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishfinder401

where to fish

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

hi, im reletivley new here, and to surfcasting( although not to fishing in general)

what are some places worth checking out for surf casting along the south shore and newport areas, as i dont want to have to travel far from jamestown, also, any other tips for these areas are greatly appreciated

thanks

Not for nothing, but anywhere you see saltwater from Jamestown is a good spot to fish...they can and will be anywhere along the shore...doing some scouting and start fishing...that is the best way to learn ;)

I wouldnt leave Jamestown. Get to know your backyard. Fish the crap out it. look at charts/maps. Learn what spots fish good on what tides.Your lucky enough to live in a great fishing area. Take advantage of it.

I live in Newport. Takes ALOT for me to cross the bridge to fish

Quote:

Originally Posted by splions View Post

Not for nothing, but anywhere you see saltwater from Jamestown is a good spot to fish...they can and will be anywhere along the shore...doing some scouting and start fishing...that is the best way to learn wink.gif

i have some spots i have tried a little in jamestown and i will fish those most often, i am more looking for spots outside jamestown so i have some options