Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingrod

Prowler 15 w/rudder For Sale!

14 posts in this topic

Well, I have decided to sell my Prowler 15 for $950/obo. I probably have only used it about 10 times. I am going to include the Matrix 17 Fish Finder in the deal. This package new would cost.

Prowler 15=$750

Rudder=$250

6-Inch Hatch=$50

Ram Rod Tube=$35

2 Flush Rod Holder=$20

Matrix 17 Fish Finder =$180

Seat included

Total Price New =$1,285 (not including taxes)

$950 is over 25% savings.

I bought the Prowler 15 and a Tarpon 140 early this year. After using both kayaks for a while I have decided the Tarpon 140 is best for me (I probably will regret it later). These are both great fishing kayaks but it came down to that I like the sturdier hull on the Tarpon better since I transport my kayaks right side up and the Tarpon 140 is easier to store on my backyard deck since my deck is only 15.5 ft wide. I also have a Hobie Sport so I don't really need 3 kayaks.

Send me an email if you are interested in the kayak.

Rod

rodgarza70@yahoo.com

Here are some pics of Prowler 15. The GPS is not included in the deal.

Prowler1.jpg

Prowler2.JPG

Prowler3.JPG

Prowler4.JPG

Prowler5.JPG

Prowler6.JPG

Hi Rod,

I've got some logistics to work out, but if I can do that, then I think I could purchase your yak. My situation is complicated. I work during the week in the Trumbull, CT area, but each weekend I commute back home to Kansas City.

I'm thinking that on a Friday or Saturday I could fly into Baltimore, rent a vehicle, pick up your Yak and drive to KC. Alternatively I could bring it back to CT. I need to research the driving time, cost, etc.

Oh, and BTW, I already own 6 kayaks, one of which is a Tarpon 140. Maybe I'm nuts...

Seriously I want to sell one of my rec-models in KC and replace it with another SOT. Your Prowler looks great. Also, I mounted a Matrix 17 on my T140 and really like how it works. So I'm very interested.

Is the Baltimore airport closest to you?

KC

KC,

I live about 15 minutes from BWI airport. I would suggest contacting some shipping companies and

ask what they charge to ship from BWI to KC. It would probably be cheaper than flying to Bmore from CT and rentng a car and paying for gas.

Rod

Rod,

Thanks, good advice. I just got home from work and read your post so I'll check with a shipping company tomorrow and get back to you.

Are you happy with your T140? That's what I'm using in CT. In Kansas I've got a old rec-model kayak that I rigged for fishing. Your Prowler would be much nicer for me to use in the KC area...

KC

Hey Rod,

Sorry for the late reply on this... I just can't seem to find a decent way to get your yak transported for a price that makes it worthwhile. Sorry though - its a sweet looking setup and I'd love to have it. If you've got any ideas send me a PM.

KC