Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish'nmagician

In this thread

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

actually the perfect thread would be you and otter discussing Inception.

but he and I aren't on terms right now.

so I made it all about you.....

but you and your 40% discussing that movie with Otterspeak, would be worthwhile.

it might be a game to see how many posts could be made before anyone knew what you were talking about.

I found it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthered View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayyaker54 View Post

My cuz and I" hepled" a guy out last tues night. we were getting fishsmile.gif and he was a few yards down the beach not catchingheadscratch.gif , he walked over and asked what we were using, i showed him but he didn't have any. so i gave him one of my extra, he went back to his spot and started catchinghighfive.gif . I seen him again thurs. night and again sat. night, thanking me both daysHappyWave.gif . I always say, what goes around comes around.

I'll do the same! This spring, when I had found some blues, a guy that was fishing bait had walked down to me to see what I was doing and to express amazement. He had caught a couple of blues and felt better than most on this day, because everyone was using bait and no one had done anything. I showed him, told him what I believed and set him up: one really appreciative and happy guy.

On the other hand--and I'll say this even though I try to avoid strong, contrary opinion on here--I once had an experience while going down the beach: I paused by a guy to acknowledge him, thinking that there was still comaraderie in the sport or, openly decent people left (and generally there is). I opened with the good for everything "how are you doing?" I can't convey in this post the look I got nor the tone and inflection of "I'm doing alright."

headscratch.gif --Jerk!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter View Post

Quote:

I once had an experience while going down the beach: I paused by a guy to acknowledge him, thinking that there was still comaraderie in the sport or, openly decent people left (and generally there is). I opened with the good for everything "how are you doing?" I can't convey in this post the look I got nor the tone and inflection of "I'm doing alright."

headscratch.gif --Jerk!

how are you able to carry on after that? harsh inflection, what has this world come to!! beers.gif well he answered so you know it wasnt goeff

Quote:

Quote:

how are you able to carry on after that? harsh inflection, what has this world come to!! beers.gif well he answered so you know it wasnt goeff

I'm able to carry on just fine--smile.gif I'm no delicate petunia. But after reading your post #64 I realize that you had hit upon the attitude about which I was at a loss to explain: "...let alone the keys to the kingdom cwm31.gif. " Obviously, we are in agreement in belief, but none of us here can really be exactly sure of what one another is truly thinking, from the words we write. That's why a simple question can turn into a long, seemingly polarized thread as this. In example: some of us here may think You have the keys to the kingdom, with which you are not about to part; and, some of us hear your metaphor for an open ended Q&A in which you do not want to become involved.

We can't generalize. This is one of those case-by-case issues. However, we can generalize that there are "all kinds, out there" and each should know to let it roll off, like the water from one of those loons that are diving in the surf right now.

Quote:

headscratch.gif ya took me into some deep water there red. i think theyre cormorants btw. evil birds

And they were loons. tongue.gif

About ones signature line, let me add that if you found this at the bottom, see the top right above where one would type.  You'll need to "edit" you signature on the 1st time too.

Originally Posted by fish'nmagician View Post    hey how do you add a quote in your profile so it shows up with every post?

My back started acting up after my first yakking trip. Yech. Inthered-speak is alot of fun. I wonder if its stream of conscience or heavily edited. I hate puzzles and the like, but his posts are as close to a puzzle for writers, pontificators, jokers, and message board denizens as you are going to find... Non commercially available of course.

Is the top still spinning? Are you awake?

Shipwreck, howdy.gif

Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post

My back started acting up after my first yakking trip. Yech. Inthered-speak is alot of fun. I wonder if its stream of conscience or heavily edited. I hate puzzles and the like, but his posts are as close to a puzzle for writers, pontificators, jokers, and message board denizens as you are going to find... Non commercially available of course.

Is the top still spinning? Are you awake?

You know it can't be too heavily edited because of all the errors in them.  However, while I know your last sentence was directed to FnM, in relation to my posts, I might say "The top isn't spinning but the wheels are still turning, but I don't know if I'm drowsy or dizzy."    bucktooth.gif

P.S.  Your first yakking trip:  I could use "yakking," and anyone not recognizing this for "talking" would be at a loss, e.g. "my back pains me every time, it seems.  I've been yakking in the PG and one guy is always on my back over there."  biggrin.gif