Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CHIEF500

Need a lil help with rod transportation

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I'm looking at purchasing a 10' one piece rod from a person on L.I., I may need transport of the rod to Jersey for pickup. Anyone traveling to LI or to Jersey this weekend for the holidays?

We checked shipping prices and it over $500 so that isn't gonna happen. 

Did you say $500?? Chief I'll drive to LI pick it up and deliver it to your door step washed and waxed... for $200.. How is it I can have 112 inch box 10x10 inches shipped across the country for $92 Fed Ex?? It's a shame I was just on LI this weekend and would have got it for you no problem. If you can wait I will be out there again in a few weeks!! Other wise.. a bump to the top for ya!!

Surfmaster thanks for the offer, Yes $500, we nearly ****. My wife ships BIG things everyday and she laughed when I told her. I'm working on something to get it down this way soon, but I'll keep you in mind if it falls through.

Buy a section of pvc pipe, put a cap on one end and a screw end on the other, and you can use it to safely transport it anywhere. I stuff some newspaper in each end to avoid passible damage to the rod. This is if you can go pick it up, of course.

Shipping prices have gone through the roof & any over sized is a fortune. If I were coming down your way I'd pick it up for you but not any time soon

If you need someone to pick it up & hold it for you let me know. ( I won't bang you to hard for the storage! ). :-)

Surfmaster thanks for the offer, Yes $500, we nearly ****. My wife ships BIG things everyday and she laughed when I told her. I'm working on something to get it down this way soon, but I'll keep you in mind if it falls through.

Yeah let me know. I'm not to far from you at all and I go up that way quite often.

I have a deliverer in place and I will get the rod this weekend. Thanks to everyone who took and interest and tried to help out. Great place we place here, where internet friends help each other out.

Thanks, the rod has good lineage...it was built by a guy here for his father for fathers day, the father is on the job at FDNY and has some physical issues and will be retiring soon, he doesn't think he'll be doing much surfcasting in the future only sweet water. SO I'm purchasing the rod and maybe some good mojo with it. Time will tell.