Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdfowlman

april 12-14

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Ill be down assateaque april12-14. To try some stripers in the surf. Ive done very well in the past the begining of may but im going down for a small weekend trip to get away and figured id soak some bait. Is this time of april usually Productive ?

Thanks in advance guys

I hear the best thing to use for black drum is soft crabor clams my only issue is how the hell do you guys keep it on the hook. Ive heard of people using nylon stockings and packing the bait in the nylon stockings just seems kind of odd to me though

Take a shovel and dig for your bait. But if you want to use clams get the elastic string as previously mentioned. It also works good for peeler parts, snotty chunks and wrapping up fingers to prove to your daughter that you can indeed make a finger purple.

Use the search function and search the Delmarva forum for clams, you'll fine a recent thread where this was discussed at length.

And BTW, I caught my first and only black drum a couple Aprils ago about mid month. Cast short in the rough water, and wait for a black duck to fly by. Trust me it works.

My drum was about 27" and according to myself and daughter, some of the best tasting fish ever.

And BTW, I caught my first and only black drum a couple Aprils ago about mid month. Cast short in the rough water, and wait for a black duck to fly by. Trust me it works.

My drum was about 27" and according to myself and daughter, some of the best tasting fish ever.

They are nearly as tasty as the red ones!

... as for the black duck, you forgot to mention that it only works if the duck is flying right-to-left as you face the water ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob fishhead Sproul View Post

They are nearly as tasty as the red ones!

... as for the black duck, you forgot to mention that it only works if the duck is flying right-to-left as you face the water wink.gif

My son and I had good luck around this time last year on Assateague. But the trick was a big breakfast on the way down at Jenney's Dinner on Rt-30. At around 3am.  drool.gif