Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Night Moves

Anybody Use These? SP MINN Comparable?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

They look sweet . I just placed an order for a few things & grabed 4 - 3/4 oz in the 4-3/4 length size. Not as heavy as the SP but have a magnetic weight & rattle system that yields longer casts while avoiding tangles & rollovers .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bay View Post

Curious on how it casts and how it swims.

Evil, you must have missed it but here is the answer I gave you in the 1st Baker thread.  Adding to the reply below the SP weighs slightly more at 1.11 oz to the Baker's 1 oz.  Again I got slightly more distance out of the SP but barley noticeable and that's probably why.

2 weeks, 3 days ago                                                                                                                           post #3 of 16

I swam the Baker and SP yesterday.  I would suggest if the SP is a wiggle then Baker is more a wobble.  I felt the SP got a little bit more casting distance but hardly noticeable.  This thing that really caught my attention was the amount of time the Baker sat subsurface after stopping the retrieve.  It seem like it sat suspended about a foot under the surface on a slow retrieve for a long time before rising to the surface. 

These things were getting a lot of attention today in Asbury.

Those are indeed Baker Lures.

The ones pictured come in 2 sizes only. 4 3/4 @ 3/4oz and 5 1/2 @ 1oz.

Hardware on them seems pretty solid.

I have one but haven't had a chance to swim it yet. Some folks that I know have used them and say they have nice action.

For the price, definitely worth a try in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy B View Post

Where can you pick these up? I've never seen them before.

The pic in the OP was the pic I posted in the other thread.  It's the display wall in a popular shop in Pt. Beach.  Have not seen them in other shops just yet but I'm sure they will start to surface in other areas soon. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Moves View Post

LOL! I guess I forgot I read about them here. Too much stuuf going on upstairs.kooky.gif

We all got too much stuff going on these days.  But do pic up a couple of these.  I grabbed a a few of the smaller ones for the back and have tossed them briefly but no luck, YET. wink.gif  Hopefully this weeks weather will start the trend to warmer days and things will get better.