Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Salt Roach

Any opinon on the difference between the blue and red fish bites.

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

the red package does not last as long in the water as the blue package, the blue package has a mesh type base material.

they use the same sent or flavor.

I like the red package when fishing for bait.  It doesn't have the mesh in it so I don't have to mess with ripping it off the small hooks.  Definitely doesn't last as long as the blue though.

I like the red, it looks like a bloodworm IMO, my daughter Melanie caught a 6lb flounder in Avalon back bay, flounder passed on squid minnie combo and hit the top hook red fish bite

...go figure

You guys are talking about the package color, no? I use either. The blue package lasts longer...go figure :p.

I'm glad that BPS now sells them so I can use points.

I like the orange color because it mimics the color of flea eggs.

If you go on their website, it is if memory serves me from last year, the different colors represent water temp.  There is a cold water below 65? and warm water above 65?.  They are formulated to dissolve at different rates.

from the website a few seconds ago:

BLUE package = "The Longer Lasting formula features a cloth binder in the middle of the bait that keeps it on the hook despite the efforts of notoriously toothy bait stealers. While the gel is designed to work in all water temperatures, it's best to use in water temperatures above 65F."

RED package = "The Fast Acting formula is made with a special fiber-infused gel that gets the flavor/scent dispersed quickly into the water column. There is no cloth mesh in center so once the bait is gone, you're ready to re-bait instantly without removing any residues. While the gel is designed to work in all water temperatures, it's best to use in water temperatures below 65F."

I usually just bought the longer lasting... but I may get some fast acting just because that mesh is a pain to get off hooks :D

Wuss.

Real anglers just chew the mesh off the hook, swallow it with a swig of beer, rebait and get on with it.

:D

Seriously, I did not even realize there were two different kinds with and without mesh...have always used the mesh type.

Even if the Longer Lasting is more expensive, the Fast Acting Formula may be designed to disolve quickly to get us to "act fast" to buy more if it does not last as long...jus sayin'.....you gotta love advertising...

;)

Didn't know there was a difference either, never saw any without the mesh. I just keep baiting up leaving the mesh on the hook if I'm catching small stuff, it pulls off easy once it dries. If I have to take it off wet I use a bait rag to grab it, yanks right off if you can get a grip on the slimy bastards.

I am with KOSS on this , orange crab is the ticket if your looking for crab. If your looking for bloodworm the longer lasting is better. Its cheaper in strips then pre-formed. I've never used anything besides crab or bloodworm flavor.Problem is when you need it (Crab), most bait shops are sold out. order early, and keep a stock on hand. Its good sh-t.