Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mokes

Crying Wolf.....

Rate this topic

90 posts in this topic

Lots of it going on still.

Heard a radio talk station on AM. "2 Billion Hollow points, 2K+ Light Tanks. Obama is about to start a Civil War. PREPARE!! THE END IS NIGH!!" People calling sounded fearful. Scared. Hell, it was freaking me out listening to it.

I think we have a SERIOUS problem going on in America and it's really concerning me. Disinformation and Propaganda is abound on all sides.

Obama himself can take a lot of blame on his shoulders. He and others have done NOTHING to quell these fears and have made people feel trapped. Agendas seem to be the goal of both parties.

One side is raising taxes, forcing people into programs they wish to not be a part of. We have less and less, and the poor get more and more. Illegals are getting more rights and attention than the Lower Middle Class who those that are still standing are feeling more pain than ever.

GUNS!! The CHILDREN!!! We must control the masses!! YOU DON'T NEED THAT!!! THAT GUN IS A MILITARY GUN!! Yes!! That gun!! The same one you've had for 40 years with no issues!!!!

Easy pickin's, for fear mongering. People are beat down. Vulnerable. Sheep Syndrome.

Obama needs to address this. Things need to calm the **** down on all sides. We have been hearing about this "End of Times" crap for nearly 6 YEARS. BUY GOLD!!! BUY SILVER!!! BUY LAND!!! PREPARE TO RUN!!!

WE MUST PAY MORE TAXES!!! WE CANNOT HOLD OUT FOREVER!!! CHINA WILL TAKE OVER!!!

Let me be CLEAR.

This is NOT how you act as a LEADER on any level. President on down. You do not run around scoffing at your opponents in this Country. Thumbing your nose at them and you don't run around doing the same to the POTUS, showing zero respect for the Office. While the CITIZENS may do so, the people hired to WORK FOR THEM are not privy to the same standards. Just like you may not thumb your nose at your boss without a repercussion.

Things are so bad, that we have RADIO SHOWS talking about impending CIVIL WAR now.

At what point do we all shut the hell up and sit down and take a very deep breath and re-evaluate what is happening here? Something has got to give. This is so unproductive that it boggles the mind. Both sides are so entrenched in making each other look bad, that we have completely gone off the rails.

Obama's legacy at this point will be that he has been the single most divisive POTUS in AGES and did nothing but sit on his hands while the Country tore itself apart. All to forward his crazy IDEALS instead of help bring people together. He is a failure as a LEADER. An utter failure. Worse than Bush and he was a crappy leader by all rights.

Every politician on both sides that have closed ranks and dug in can also take some blame. Every one should be tarred, feathered and cast out of this Country in my opinion. In my eyes, they are traitors. They would rather see the destruction of America, than walk to the middle and hash out a TRUE PLAN to correct the direction we are heading. That direction is nowhere. Circling the Drain.

All the while this completely dysfunctional Country has plugged along, rudderless, surviving. Because we are STRONG. Because we are AMERICA. But for how much longer? How long can we continue like this before somebody's doomsday prediction finally comes true? We will be our own undoing and it will be OUR fault for not demanding BETTER.

Keep Crying Wolf.

Nobody intelligent is listening anymore. We are exhausted. 6 years of stress and worry. All for what? So you could take jabs at each other and try to make each side look bad? Nice. ******* High School in the White House.

Awesome. IF I was POTUS, my only goal would be to freeze EVERYTHING and make everybody shut the **** up. What a mess. What the hell happened to get us so far from realistic thinking? We are weaker than ever.

I would post this in PG, but it's clearly not worth it. I think we all know it will turn into a crap fest by the end of page 1. I just needed to articulate my thoughts in writing to exorcise the demons.

I really hate that news agencies run these stories knowing that they play on people's fears and get devoured by the public. It is a case of supply and demand, (hey, these are the same consumers that demand "Keeping Up with the Kardahians.") but as news agencies, they should have higher standards of reporting.

And then, when running the report, they simply broadcast the mysterious purchasing of weapons and ammo, insinuating a nefarious purpose, but they do not go to DHS or any official for an interview or do any research into the program. It's sad, lazy fear mongering that should be called out by press organizations.

Well said Mokes. Throw in the fact that John Boehner is tied for the most divisive Speaker of the House (with Pelosi), in my lifetime, and you can see there is no leadership in Washington, IMO.

I've dumped some people from another socila networking site because of thier "Obama is preparing to start a Civil War", crap. Fun guys to play football with in high school, but 35 years later? Crazy as loons and uninformed.

Lots of it going on still.

Heard a radio talk station on AM. "2 Billion Hollow points, 2K+ Light Tanks. Obama is about to start a Civil War. PREPARE!! THE END IS NIGH!!" People calling sounded fearful. Scared. Hell, it was freaking me out listening to it.

I think we have a SERIOUS problem going on in America and it's really concerning me. Disinformation and Propaganda is abound on all sides.

"The search for conspiracy only increases the elements of morbidity and paranoia and fantasy in this country. It romanticizes crimes that are terrible because of their lack of purpose. It obscures our necessary understanding, all of us, that in this life there is often tragedy without reason." Anthony Lewis

Wikipedia excerpts:

Sensationalism is a type of editorial bias in mass media in which events and topics in news stories and pieces are over-hyped to increase viewership or readership numbers.[1] Sensationalism may include reporting about generally insignificant matters and events that don't influence overall society and biased presentations of newsworthy topics in a sensationalist, trivial or tabloid manner.[2][3]

One presumed goal of sensational reporting is to increase or sustain viewership or readership, from which media outlets can price their advertising higher to increase their profits based on higher numbers of viewers and/or readers.[13][14] Sometimes this can lead to a lesser focus on objective journalism in favor of a profit motive,[15] in which editorial choices are based upon sensational stories and presentations to increase advertising revenue.[15]

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post

It does. Democrats funded a war against the iragi boogeyman after a buncha saudi's attacked us.

c'mon,

there are a LOT of good examples of the Dems crying wolf that you can think of,

funding a war after troops are committed is responsible,

not fear mongering.

Words Republicans are not allowed to say without being branded a bigot.

1. black

2. gay

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch

Can they say woman? Prolly not.

See this is an example of crying wolf,

Republicans can say those words,

it's the crap they say AFTER evoking those words that usually get them in trouble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post

like when someone says malt liquor and you racist leebs automatically assume we're referring to the coloreds?

when the assumption is correct,

you have to own the racist crap.

you are coming across like a child......

there are some legit examples you can bring up......

Like when the GOP avoided a rational discussion about the shortcomings of "obama care" and chose to shriek about death squads.