Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joev

Weekend report

11 posts in this topic

Went out to Ram Island in Ct on Friday night .I caught 11 bass 24 - 30 inches.

I got home late and got a late start for Sat. morning.Took my wife out .I tried a new spot(Rocky Neck) and it was loaded with bait .However the fishes were not around .I lost my only hookup a nice bass around a lobster pot bouy.My wife lost one and landed one.Got try it again.Get there early.So I got the skunk.However I did hook up with a friend with a boat.We went out and I got a 36 inch bass so I felt better.going sharking in 6 hrs .Hopefully we will catch a few.

JoeVdenrockcrop.jpg

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

Looks like your fishing yak handles the surf pretty well; my scupper pro, however, is a nightmere in waves, which is why, if there's waves, I'll ride what I'm riding below:

surfing3.jpg

Great fun!

Not much to report...got my first yak fish saturday......a 12 inch (maybe 10 inchwink.gif) bluefish.

going to hatteras this weekend to work on surf launches, chase some spainish, alberts sharks etc......and do a bit of what bass blitz was doign biggrin.gif

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

Eddie & Frick Looks like alot of fun.

John M Glad to hear that.Please post a Hatteras Report when you get back.

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

Eric that looks like a close out cwm24.gif Did you make the section??. Nice shot. By the way anyone who tells you that a fishing kayak surfs well is a ninny tongue.gif I have been surfing most of my life and have the bumps on my head from my navigator and tarpon to prove it.Got to admit though it is fun until you dump.Sort of like taking a school bus down a ski slope.

Doug M

Yeah, Doug, you read that wave right: I got hammered. With my wife on shore with the camera, I'd been waiting for a good set, and after 10 minutes, I decided to take off on the next wave. And what you see is what I got.

Next wave I caught, however, was this one:

surfing2.jpg