Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

What can you tell from an address???

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I need my windshield replaced. I can have a mobile unit come in two days or go tomorrow to:

ROSA PARKS DRIVE.

When I said: That sounds dangerous, the representative replied: Well, its not Martin Luther King Blvd! Then she said, Oh -- I guess I shouldnt say that. (Just being honest)

I need my windshield replaced. I can have a mobile unit come in two days or go tomorrow to:

ROSA PARKS DRIVE.

Do you have to use the back Door or will they allow you to use the front?

Holy crap!

Five quotes to replace windshield

Five prices ranging from $319 to $737 --- in order to deal apples to apples I called the dealer with the VIN number and they gave me the parts number for the glass that I have. Now the price range is $425 to $599.

You have to become a freaken expert at everything and I don't have time for this! :mad:

Holy crap!

Five quotes to replace windshield

Five prices ranging from $319 to $737 --- in order to deal apples to apples I called the dealer with the VIN number and they gave me the parts number for the glass that I have. Now the price range is $425 to $599.

You have to become a freaken expert at everything and I don't have time for this! :mad:

Big gap right there...... what make car and what zip code you need it fixed in? I'll look it up for you..

I called a local company to come to my home and replace the windshield in one of my trucks.

Sale price installed was $325.

Thank goodness I was standing by before he put it in !

After he took my windshield out ,he pulled the new one out of his truck and laid it ( concave side down) in between to small padded saw horses.

As he was applying some adhesive around the perimeter of my windshield opening I happened to look down through my soon to be new windshield.

There was a twig and a leaf on the ground directly under it. As I moved my head the twig and leaf became distorted, badly. (skinny, fat, back to skinny, depending)

I asked the guy what was going on. I told him that the situation looked like it would make for dangerous driving conditions especially at night with rain, glare, etc;.

He said that was the SALE window that was made in China.

I told me no ' FN ' way did I want that in my truck.

I have no idea how they can get by installing that type of windshield. He said it is their most popular ! It scares me to think how many people are riding around out there looking through those pieces of chit.

Anyway, just want to bring it up so you or anybody else reading does not get screwed over like I almost did.

Bottom line is I bought a factory windshield.

EDIT: To answer the address question:

Don't go to them or have them come to you.

Meet them in a well lit Mall parking lot.

Dennis

PS: Anyone else having trouble with the smileys etc;. If I click on one there is no telling where it will show up.