Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ja2808

Chicken fried steak tonight

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Did a search for some threads, no luck.

Making some soon for dinner, anyone have a good recipe they like, or tips for sprucing it up a little?

So basic, yet small differences make a big deal.

I like to do deer steaks this way.

or chicken fried...chicken.

You can do a serious cheat here. Buy fried chicken (as apposed to making fried chicken...or steak) No grease...(though I do save duck fat for this and other things...which works) Oil/grease/fat with flour wisked in ~equal amounts in a skillet and cooked until it barely starts to color. Season sparingly (maybe a little poultry seasoning and pepper...little salt) as the fried chicken is seasoned (diced saute'd onions are good at this point...so are mushrooms). Add canned milk and then regular milk until it's a little thinner than you think it should be...pour it over the chicken in a baking vessel. Bake until warmed through and enjoy the tender deliciousness.

Well I made it and it turned out pretty good. I used white gravy which I did not make on my own. Next time I will, and next time I will do wet prior to first batter. I did put hot sauce in the egg wash though and it was a good idea. No picture, I was hungry usually I take one; it looked fantastic.

I like to do deer steaks this way.

or chicken fried...chicken.

You can do a serious cheat here. Buy fried chicken (as apposed to making fried chicken...or steak) No grease...(though I do save duck fat for this and other things...which works) Oil/grease/fat with flour wisked in ~equal amounts in a skillet and cooked until it barely starts to color. Season sparingly (maybe a little poultry seasoning and pepper...little salt) as the fried chicken is seasoned (diced saute'd onions are good at this point...so are mushrooms). Add canned milk and then regular milk until it's a little thinner than you think it should be...pour it over the chicken in a baking vessel. Bake until warmed through and enjoy the tender deliciousness.

Ill remember this for future refrence. Sounds good.

I like to use a couple eggs and a little milk or h20. you can season the egg mixture, I use a little cayenne. Then I combine flour,s/p,garlic powder,little bells poultry seasoning. egg, flour then egg flour again. Fry your steaks and drain off the oil in your pan. Add back maybe 1 tbl of oil/butter and whisk in a few tbl of flour cook for a couple minutes then I add a little chicken stock when it starts to get thick add some milk/cream and some fresh thyme,s/p to taste. simmer until your desired thickness.