Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seidner

Looking for Kayak Info

26 posts in this topic

I'm seriously considering buyin an Old Town Loon 120. I will be using it on a local river, nothing more than class 1. Once in a while on a lake. I want to be able to fish out of it, but mostly using just to get from point A to Point B and stopping to fish in between. Anyone have any info on this Kayak? Thanks in advance. HappyWave.gif Oh Yeah, I'm 6'1" and weigh 195.

[This message has been edited by Seidner (edited 04-08-2003).]

The loon's are heavy but stable and durable. Most of us prefer sit on tops because of the ease of use.Glazehead on Tim have loons I beleive, maybe they will chime in.

Barrell

Ive tried the 111 and 138.They're ok but i found they are difficult to turn.Especially in windy conditions.Id guess the same would hold true in current.Take a look at WS Pungos.Much nicer IMO.

Also take a look at the Dagger Delta.

Similar as far as rec boats go.............but the seating is way more comfortable and I just think a better boat for the $$.Your my size and will fit very nicely with plenty of room to spare for gear.

Then again I could be prejudice a bit 'cause I've owned one for 3+ years and like it smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ipspest (edited 04-11-2003).]

I just had my first outing on the Upper Rappahanock in my new Yellow Pungo- and It was the best choice I could have possibly made- I am a huge fan of Sit on tops, however if your going to fish cold and CALM water, it's great to have a sit in. And for Sit in's you can't beat a PUNGO. They are fast predictable and dang comfortable.

XT,which Pungo did you get?Ive got an original(FS add posted here if anyones interested)and a deposit on a 140.Now...if only the ice would cooperate and get the frick outta here.

One problem with the Dagger Delta.They discontinued it.Big mistake IMO.It was a real nice boat and by far the best rec yak in they're line and one of the best out there from anyone.FWIW-I also liked this one better than the Loons.The turning difficulty is the only thing i disliked about the Loons.But,once you try turning(especialy the 138)in wind you'll see just how bad it really is.Took alot of good hard strokes just to get it to begin to turn.

Looks like a Pungo it is. I might go up to the Adirondaks for paddlefest. They have evrything you can possibly float to try out. Thanks for all the great responses. biggrin.gif

Magilla has a Pungo Superlite for sale. If I were going to fish a SIS (Sit in Slop) wink.gif it would be a Pungo.

Can you have him post up the info on the Pungo or PM me the info. thanks