Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew C.

Jetty stick, blank 9-10'

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

Might be looking for a new jetty stick. It's be a long time since I've done so. Up to about 10years ago I used an 8308. Loved the rod and still have it, retired after years of good service. Switched to an allstar, think it was a 1208/9 cut off the butt to 9'. It's does everything that I want with one exception, i have been having some problems with my shoulder and realistically don't know if I can fish it for a 6-8 hour night. It's just too fast and I'm not as young as I used to be....

So what else is out there? Looking for 9-10', more moderate action, graphite. Sweet spot needs to be 3oz (rigged eels, large plugs, hvy bucktails) . I don't care about lighter than that since I rarely throw anything under 2oz. I used my 10.5 2-6 legend last year and the length was a bit long for the spot that i tend to fish. Otherwise that one was tolerable to my shoulder.

Oh, the only thing it can't be is a lami.

If you have a chance check out the FiberStar Predator series. They have been at all the shows. They are light and strong with a soft parabolic bend. I have the 10.5' blank (SB1266). When built it might just replace the GSB as my go to rod. They have 9 footers, as well.

Two great rods for jetty and heavy current are the CTS CB1005 in either 1 or 2 piece and the new Fiberstar SB1088. Both will pull a house down but are sensitive enough to feel a 2 oz bucktail...

Look into The Phenix Black Diamond Hybird..9'2" 15-40 blank..

My buddy who's a avid surf Caster & rod builder just test casted the 8' 12-25 & got 125 yards plus ...with the longers cast about 135 yards ..with the guides taped on a 8' rod..

Both CTS and fiber star u cant go wrong. The CTS 10 ft 3-6 ounce is a monster rod and the fiberstar predator series 9 foot 3-6 ounce is a beast. U can go with the classic lamiglas 120 1m good luck

Good Luck Drew I'll be using the 10' pj1008 4-8,, well see if it is good for these long island inlets may be a bit much but Im planning on throwing 4oz and better,,,, Remember CTS have fast recovery time,, What ever you go with ,its what you like and where you fish,, But i'll still say CTS should have you covered,,, Oh i also here Century coming out with a noreaster series this summer,,,

The 4-8 is cb1006 4-8

The cb1005 is the 3-6

I have built and fished the cts 3-6 rod is more than. enough to throw heavy Bucktails in a cranking rip. If can also handle a ounce and a half bucktail. Great rod enough back bone to turn a fish. I built a few for customers and they loved it.

The 4-8 is cb1006 4-8

The cb1005 is the 3-6

I have built and fished the cts 3-6 rod is more than. enough to throw heavy Bucktails in a cranking rip. If can also handle a ounce and a half bucktail. Great rod enough back bone to turn a fish. I built a few for customers and they loved it.

Well the first one that was out there was a 10' pj 1008 4-8 2 pc ,,that's what i have ,,,,If your looking for an augment your turn,:D

well the first one that came out there was a 10' pj 1008 4-8 2pc, that's what i have ,,,,If your looking for an augment your turn,:D

Im not looking to throw lite.im throwing big swim baits, big lures and big buck tails, every thing over 4 oz's

the new Fiberstar SB1088. Both will pull a house down but are sensitive enough to feel a 2 oz bucktail...

Drew, I should have this blank at my shop in a couple of weeks when I re-open my shop. If you want, SurffisherMike who lives near Greenwich could get teh blank for you to check out.

i love to argue but not through a computer so you win over here. and for the record i wasnt trying to be a smart ass.. just pointing out that they change their model name.but good argument you win :D

drew this your thread i am going to start a argument here. good luck in finding the right blank for yourself. the ones that were mentioned on here are a good few to try out. good luck catch em up